Marine Demonstrates Knife Hand!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    :mamoru:

It's not always this affective but results do vary. However it is dangerous to just do b/c of the varying results.

As one commenter said below the video;
    Nice demo. Do be careful with hits to the brachial plexus. They can cause serious injuries to the carotid, and its unpredictable - one hit the guy's lights just go out for a minute, same hit same strength same person another day can cause it to stick shut. cheers for posting though.

He was asking the other Marine to Demo the Knife Hand strike for a MCMAP Belt Test.

He did ..... :mamoru:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgFnlOmjKA[/ame]

/

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    When I came home from boot I showed a friend how to do a choke hold...I counted 3 and he was out like a light, scared the crap outta everyone...I would say this stuff is easy to screw up even if you know what you are doing

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You can do the same thing with a fist or forearm strike and there is more pressure with the knife hand or ridge hand strike. You need to know how to assist them after this happens but cuff first if it is a BG as people often come out of this fighting.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    When I came home from boot I showed a friend how to do a choke hold...I counted 3 and he was out like a light, scared the crap outta everyone...I would say this stuff is easy to screw up even if you know what you are doing

Indeed. I've seen more Marines hurt eachother screwing around in MCMAP than any where else :D

Like they say something you never want to hear
    is a LCPL saying "hey watch this!" :mamoru:

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette

If it was a choke then it would have taken more than 3 seconds and inherently more dangerous than a strangle. Strangle is stopping the blood flow to the brain while a choke is stopping airflow. With a Strangle as soon as you let go the blood starts flowing again, with a choke the airway can possibly swell and therefore the person could die from asphyxia. We work on and perform strangles regularly through judo and we are very careful not to hit anyone's trachea because that is what can cause bad things to happen. That is also why many police agencies don't teach or use the "rear naked choke" anymore because it can be deadly if not done properly.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If it was a choke then it would have taken more than 3 seconds and inherently more dangerous than a strangle. Strangle is stopping the blood flow to the brain while a choke is stopping airflow. With a Strangle as soon as you let go the blood starts flowing again, with a choke the airway can possibly swell and therefore the person could die from asphyxia. We work on and perform strangles regularly through judo and we are very careful not to hit anyone's trachea because that is what can cause bad things to happen. That is also why many police agencies don't teach or use the "rear naked choke" anymore because it can be deadly if not done properly.

Well said. Just to add they can also crush/damage their own trachea by coughing/gasping for air. It's never wise to PLAY with Death/Serious Bodily harm techniques.

Not that were all not grown men here, just saying.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Don't be surly jarhead!

:squint:

:mamoru:

You know I'm messing with ya Jackwagon! ;)

2drdr2t.jpg

:D

/

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Choke ?? ...I probably said it wrong but thats what I remember, it was the one where you lock your forearm and cut off blood to brain...if 3 seconds is wrong it ain't far wrong, seemed quick, like a light switch

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    If it was cutting off the blood flow then it was a strangle and you seem to be talking about what is commonly referred to as the rear naked choke or Hadaka Jime (naked strangle) in Japanese. It is called a choke but if done right it is a strangle. And 3 seconds is normal for most people, there are some people that after it is set it can take up to 5 seconds for them to go to sleep. It is really funny when someone taps then they pass out as soon as you let go from all the blood rushing into their head.

This is also the same technique that they used to teach cops but stopped using it because people were accidentally getting killed when the technique was performed wrong. If you are performing the technique you have to be sure your elbow lines up with their chin to make sure you are not crushing the person's trachea.

Top Bottom