CHP holders have a drunken shoot-out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007

Police said they don't know who fired the first shot, but that it doesn't matter: No one should have been shooting at all.
    Advertisement

So said Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel in announcing the arrests of three people in what he described as "the ultimate road rage" incident.

"We've never encountered anything like it," Hackel said this afternoon of an early Sunday, high speed shoot-out along I-94.

Arrested from one vehicle were Dion Griffin, 46, of Grosse Pointe Farms and his 41-year-old wife, Lisa, both of whom were carrying handguns. Dorian Hatchett, 31, of Lathrup Village was arrested from a separate vehicle. He, too, had a gun.

Hackel said the men, who were driving, tell different stories: Hatchett allegedly says that Griffin, driving a Dodge Stratus, struck his Nissan Armada. Hatchett gave chase, prompting Griffin to open fire, after which Hatchett fired his 357 Glock in return.

Griffin, however, says he never struck Hatchett's SUV and that he fired his 9-mm gun in self-defense, Hackel said. Griffin was driving his wife and two adult daughters home from a birthday dinner for Lisa Griffin at 2:15 a.m.

One of the daughters crouched in the back of the car, crying to an Eastpointe police dispatcher after calling 911 that she didn't want to die, police said. Meanwhile, Lisa Griffin made her own panicked 911 call from the front seat.

Sheriff's Capt. John Roberts said the calls lasted about 10 minutes as the vehicles raced from Van Dyke and I-94 in Detroit to north of 23 Mile in Chesterfield Township. Both vehicles were going more than 100 mph, he said.

Both men were intoxicated, the sheriff added, with Griffin showing a preliminary blood-alcohol content of .09% to Hatchett's .12%. Lisa Griffin also was intoxicated, at .08%, Hackel said.

While all three have permits to carry a concealed weapon, it's illegal to do so while drunk, so each faces a 93-day misdemeanor.

Hatchett and Griffin also are charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, a 4-year felony, and drunken driving, another misdemeanor. Both vehicles sport single gunshot holes.

All three have been released from the Macomb County Jail on bond while awaiting preliminary exams.

Hackel said the he said-he said dispute is moot: "No matter what happened, this was not an appropriate way for either one to handle things."

Dion Griffin
    bilde

Dorian Hatchett
    bilde

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i disagree. good thing they had ccw's. they were able to repel each others assualt. this should be mandatory viewing for the i-toughmen. thats HOW you do it. use your gun to PREVENT you from being hurt. had only ONE of them been armed it would have been a different ending!

to bad no one was open carrying. that level of i-toughness is HARD to overcome

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Funny thing is in this situation their carry permits were completely irrelevant since the whole thing took place inside their vehicles.

That is just retarded though, considering both vehicles had family inside. All it would take is either one just hitting the brakes. That's it. Everybody goes home. But no...they are moronic savages who deserve to have their right to firearms revoked. The only difference between a minor felony and murder is bad aim.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    It happened on 94 and 8 Mile Rd. You HAVE to be tough to be anywhere NEAR 8 Mile road. It's so rough, even Eminem had to make a movie about it it.

8mile-300.gif

I mean, look how hard this guy has to be.

124543__01eminem_l.jpg

Top Bottom