Central resident investigated for warning shots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If someone was breaking into someones property wouldn't the only safe thing to assume is that they are armed? I would imagine I would assume someone breaking into my property was armed until I could be for certain that they are unarmed. I guess I will never know what I will assume until I actually have to encounter that situation.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    If someone was breaking into someones property wouldn't the only safe thing to assume is that they are armed? I would imagine I would assume someone breaking into my property was armed until I could be for certain that they are unarmed. I guess I will never know what I will assume until I actually have to encounter that situation.
    The only question you should have to ask, "Is my life being threatened?"

He fired a couple of warning shots to scare the guy.
    @1:27
    "...Whether or not he actually felt threatened."

:)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So I guess the only people that can stop someone from robbing them blind is a law enforcement officer???

I saw the EBRSO saying this guy should never have shot because "the robber may have had a gun"....
    Are they saying that we should just cower down in our closets and allow the BG to waltz away with whatever he pleases?
    Most of the residents- I know several of them- said the neighbor did the right thing, and that this was the only thing that will discourage it from happening again. Now hear this: The crooks DO NOT FEAR THE LAW!! There was a day when the criminal feared the homeowner. Not anymore. Not when the homeowner is prevented from protecting what he has worked so hard for because it's easier to stop the homeowner than to stop the criminal. WE HAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES, CRIMINALS DO NOT. Obviously, the system is not only failing us, at times, it abandons us. You could even say in many ways it's working against us.
    With all due respect, investigating a homeowner FED UP with being a victim of crime is ********.:mad:
    This is NOT a knock against law enforcement officers, not in the least. Many of my best friends- and some of my family members- are policemen, troopers, and deputies.
    It is, however, a knock against a "justice" system that lost it's way some time ago.
    Just my thoughts and nothing more....

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Couldn't have been the guy I know that lives on Shoe Creek he wouldn't have fire a warning. :D

Damn! I wonder where the City of Central Police Dept. was? :rofl:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I am sure they would rather be writing a report about warning shots than cleaning up a homicide scene. WTF are these guys complaining about?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I thought the only way you can leagally shoot is if you feared for your life. If you are in the house and they are in your shed you can't use deadly force to defend property only life.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    1. That's a damn nice shed!
    2. They are "investigating" the homeowner. No charges have been filed, and probably won't be. No reason yet for anyone to get their panties all in a wad.
    3. I've got nothing else...

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    They could probably bust him on a bunch of different stuff like shooting in a subdivision, too close to houses and property lines or too close the road ect.

I hope they don't do him anything but you never know.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I thought the only way you can leagally shoot is if you feared for your life. If you are in the house and they are in your shed you can't use deadly force to defend property only life.
    True, in Louisiana.
    Only to protect against death, bodily harm, but not property.
    I think they are still trying to iron out the details.:mamoru:

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    670053cb31d50f8abc1c5983dcb51e92.jpg

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I had this dream that one time someone was breaking into my truck to steal my stereo system. As I ran out the door the thief took off running and I fired 2 shots near his head with a Sterling 9mm rifle with 34 rd magazine. If only I had grabbed my 12 gauge pump that was loaded with 6 shot and used that, the thief would have been picking BB's out his ass for a good while after that. After calling the Sheriff's Office to write a report on the glass breakage and theft of 2 speakers, I neglected to mention the 2 shots fired. All in all, a very realistic dream.
    The lesson to be learned is to keep your mouth shut when you dream about firing warning shots or you'll wake up with nightmares, lol.
    Breakins in that area decreased dramatically in my dream.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I thought that we were responsible for protecting ourselves? Police are only there to write reports and point fingers.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    They could probably bust him on a bunch of different stuff like shooting in a subdivision, too close to houses and property lines or too close the road ect.

I hope they don't do him anything but you never know.

I thought there was some kind of law about firing a weapon within city limits or something like that??? :confused:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Couldn't have been the guy I know that lives on Shoe Creek he wouldn't have fire a warning. :D

Charlie , that's about the third or fourth wisecrack you have made about the " Central Police Dept. " . It's no secret that Central doesn't have a standing Police Dept. They have an agreement with EBRSO to provide law enforcement in the city limits . A wise business decision in my opinion . What's your point in this ?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Charlie , that's about the third or fourth wisecrack you have made about the " Central Police Dept. " . It's no secret that Central doesn't have a standing Police Dept. They have an agreement with EBRSO to provide law enforcement in the city limits . A wise business decision in my opinion . What's your point in this ?

Actually they do. It consists of the Chief of Police, and his Chief Criminal Officer, Major Barney Fife.....(sorry, I couldn't resist):rofl:

I understand that they actually are going to have uniformed officers consisting of off-duty EBR deputies for the time being (four, I think). The EBRSO will continue to patrol the area business as usual from their substation on Gurney Road....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom