If you shoot at Honey Island or

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    hunt in the Pearl River WMA, please fill out this survey (or if you plan to shoot at).

All,

As you know, the DWLF has suggested that we reduce our hours of operation on certain days. I have developed a short on-line survey to collect data from hunters and shooters about this recomendation. The survey only takes about 2-3 minutes to complete. Please take a moment and complete the survey. Also, please forward this e-mail to anyone you know who has used the range or, even better, has hunted in the Pearl River Wildlife Management Area. Here is the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=kfax8eT3YVA6x12ejs6NFw_3d_3d

Best,
    Jay

Jay D. Hunt, III
    Treasurer and Webmaster

Puddle Pirate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Im not sure how everyone feels about this survey but i want to point out that while bow hunting on the Belle Chasse Air base last year i watched a deer ignore an f-18 that was on it's way in to land. If anything deer close to the proximity of the range will have less hearing sensitivity.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I think its more akin to they have heard the noise all there lives, and dont worry about it. Kind of like deer in agricultural areas, they dont pay attention to tractors, I have almost had to bump em with the front to get them to move, but when they hear a four wheeler fire up 1000 yards away, they scatter for cover.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    but when they hear a four wheeler fire up 1000 yards away, they scatter for cover.
    I hunt near a big cow pasture and when I go by on a ATV, they go crazy. I started taking my truck and it never bothers them anymore ;)

Top Bottom