Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath (from XDTalk)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Oklahoma Self defense shooting and it's aftermath
    XDTalk said:
    Home Invasion in Oklahoma, mine (<-- OP on XDTalk, not HeroHog!)
    We are all ok thanks to my wife. There is no way to prepare for a phone call from your wife while you are at work that go exactly like this:

Me: Hi sweetie!
    Wife: I need you home now, I just shot two invaders!
    Me: On the way now! (end of call)

Here are a couple of links to the story:
    Mother shoots two home invaders - KFOR

Homeowner Shoots Robbers, Kills 1, Police Say - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Midwest City woman tells police she shot and killed intruder | NewsOK.com

Feel free to search my name here for a post that was titled "What would you do" a couple of months ago. I'm just too tired to find it right now.

We moved everything we own out of the house and into storage for now due to threats against my family. We ended up needing over nine hours of Midwest City PD protection due to this situation. If you are one of them, all I can say is thank you with all of my heart!

Since most of us are here to learn and prepare ourselves for this type of situation, I plan on doing a full right up at a later date to try and help all of us and I would like very must to make it as interactive as possible.

It may be several days before I can get back on here as my like has been turned upside down right now but i welcome your thoughts and comments. The police have my XDm 9mm in their possession and I may not get it back in time for a pistol class I was going to be taking on Sunday but then again a guess I just need my wife to show me what I need to know...

Thanks to all of you over the last year as I visit this site several times daily. Even though I don't say much here I have learned a great deal.
    Please review and discuss. THIS is a good 1st hand look at what happens when you are forced to lawfully defend yourself and it isn't pretty, happy or cheap.

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Good for her!
    I hope this doesn't become one of those stories, where the survivor successfully sues her, or some crooked lawyer fingers her for the bad guy...
    again, Way to go lady!

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    Maybe an LEO could explain why they keep the gun for up to 2 years? Would they take all other guns in the home if something like this happens or just the one used?

Maybe we could start a list of pro gun/self defense attorneys in a separate thread.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Maybe we could start a list of pro gun/self defense attorneys in a separate thread.

List of progun lawyers can be found in the Legal section of the LOCAL forum-
    http://www.laopencarry.org/louisiana-pro-gun-lawyers-t142-20.html
    Although I havn't done so, I'm about to enroll in Morgan Allison's Louisiana Armed Citizen's Plan - http://www.louisianaarmedcitizens.com/ . Morgan is a member here and that says a lot to me.
    Link to progun lawyers list requires you to sign in. Here it is for those not members of the LOCAL forum-
    Owen Correges
    1100 Poydras St., Suite 2100
    New Orleans, Louisiana 70163
    Phone: (504) 599-8500 | Fax: (504) 599-8501
    direct line- (504)599-8534
    http://www.taggartmortonlaw.com/attorne ... eges1.html

John Delgado
    450 Laurel Street
    Baton Rouge, LOUISIANA, 70801
    Phone: (225)343-5290
    Fax: (225)383-5508
    Email:
    jdelgado@crawford-lewis.com

Michael Walsh
    628 North Blvd
    Baton Rouge, LA 70802
    225-344-0474
    Fax: (225) 344-9124

Morgan Allison
    6864 Main St.
    Houma, LA 70360
    Phone: (985) 853-8557
    Fax: (985) 873-8882
    http://allison-allison.com/

Daniel D. Holliday, III
    321 St. Joseph Street
    Baton Rouge, La 70802
    225-341-5188
    Fax: 225-346-1430
    http://www.hollidaylegal.net

Douglas N Stracener
    PO Box 52917
    3155 Weller Ave
    Baton Rouge, LA 70892-2917
    Phone: (225) 356-2491
    Fax: (225) 356-2491

Ralph Capitelli
    1100 Poydras Street
    New Orleans, LA 70163
    Phone:
    (504)582-2425
    Fax:
    (504)582-2422
    Email:
    rc@capitelliandwicker.com
    http://www.lawyers.com/capitelli&wicker

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I feel sorry for the turmoil this guy and his family are going thru but at least his wife was unharmed. I would rather spend the next 2 years in and out of civil court than to be forced to visit my wife in the cemetery.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    he should have some type of fund where someone could donate to help out with living costs or legal fees or even to replace his gun

ETA: maybe we could take up a collection and send him a gift, care package, or whatever on behalf of BS.com. I'd kick in a few bucks. It's a shame more of the shooting community hasn't stepped in to help.

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sounds good. Someone get the forums together and organize it. It would be great to set up one for each forum/state/whatever. This is a real eye opener for everyone who doesn't consider all these aspects of dealing with a GOOD shoot, much less when it all goes feet up!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    he should have some type of fund where someone could donate to help out with living costs or legal fees or even to replace his gun

ETA: maybe we could take up a collection and send him a gift, care package, or whatever on behalf of BS.com. I'd kick in a few bucks. It's a shame more of the shooting community hasn't stepped in to help.
    ^^^THIS

I am a member as well to XDTalk.com and I could get with the mods on that site and see if it is possible to get the two sites together and see about taking a collection through them some how. I am obviously not familiar with PayPal and such relating to forums but I am sure something can be done.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The woman has some right fuzzy balls, I'll give her that. She plugged the two bastards and protected her family.

Having read most of the thread on XDTalk I can say - those are some illiterate m-f-ers. I have never seen so many misspellings in my life! Real dumb ones too.

I was giving some thought to how to set up a relief fund. How would it be administered to ensure its protection and correct dispersal, how donors could track their donations, etc. This might be difficult unless someone opened an account and promised to safeguard the money with his good name.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    The woman has some right fuzzy balls, I'll give her that. She plugged the two bastards and protected her family.

Having read most of the thread on XDTalk I can say - those are some illiterate m-f-ers. I have never seen so many misspellings in my life! Real dumb ones too.

I was giving some thought to how to set up a relief fund. How would it be administered to ensure its protection and correct dispersal, how donors could track their donations, etc. This might be difficult unless someone opened an account and promised to safeguard the money with his good name.

counts me out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have given Spanky the names of the mods and the admin for XDTalk and we will see if anything can be done. They have a ton of members, like 46k so if people would just give like $2-$3 I am sure that it would be more than enough. I am sure not everyone will give as times are hard and difficult. But if this family could just get a few thousand dollars it would be a tremendous help to them I am sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom