Cornbread and Milk

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Who else here does this?
    Having some cornbread left from last night's dinner.

nIwQYe.jpg

EjOFRi.jpg

Sprinkled a lil sugar on too.

PNkIbc.jpg

When I was a kid we would sometimes add some grape or apple jelly for the sweetness. Good stuff!

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Looks really good !! Next time, before you pour the batter in the pan, rub some Crisco inside the pan, and put about a half cup of sugar in it and move the pan side to side to get the sugar to stick to the Crisco. Then turn the pan over and dump the leftover sugar into the cornbread batter. Dump the batter into the pan and bake normally. I learned this technique about 20 years ago, and cornbread has never been the same.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Looks really good !! Next time, before you pour the batter in the pan, rub some Crisco inside the pan, and put about a half cup of sugar in it and move the pan side to side to get the sugar to stick to the Crisco. Then turn the pan over and dump the leftover sugar into the cornbread batter. Dump the batter into the pan and bake normally. I learned this technique about 20 years ago, and cornbread has never been the same.

I'll try it.
    What I did this last time was I put the cast iron pan in the oven when I turned it on to heat up to 375 degrees. Then when it reached temperature I removed the pan, added about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and swirled it around. Then I added the batter. Smelled great! Let that bake for about 27 minutes and you see how it came out. I didn't flip out of the pan but where the batter contacted the pan was perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom