$1,400 STI or $400 Tisas ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I went shoot my Tisas today. I'm VERY impressed with it. I ran four mags through it. I intentionally barely held it with one hand to limp wrist for one mag and it still ran great. With that said, I guess I'm ordering a Tisas in 9mm for PSA's next sale. Hopefully they run a Christmas or new years sale. So much for me owner just my range office
    View attachment 152382
    View attachment 152381
    How was your groups with the Tula ammo? I bought a box of Monarch and it didn't group worth a crap so I stuck with American made stuff for now.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am sure either would be as reliable as the one I got, but I can't deal with a 1911 that does not have a modified hammer and some sort of beaver tail. My paws are big and my grip is very high up in the gun. Hammer bite is a real thing for me.

And for those reading this that want to lecture me on how to 'properly' shoot a GI 1911- yawns. Save your breath. Or in this case, bandwidth.
    I still have the Colt ACE I bought new in 79-80 has a King's Beavertail and modded hammer. Great shooter that looks just like a Gold Cup since it basicly is.
    I like the great classic looks of a few mods on a 1911

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I still have the Colt ACE I bought new in 79-80 has a King's Beavertail and modded hammer. Great shooter that looks just like a Gold Cup since it basicly is.
    I like the great classic looks of a few mods on a 1911

That’s the .22lr version 1911, right ?

Man I’d love to come across one at the right price one day.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston

Colt made 22 LR Conversion units for the 1911. The "floating chamber" of the all steel unti gives it heft and the thing just feels more like shooting a 'real' 1911 than the aluminum kits offered by other manufactures. I have a few of them set up on dedicated steel frames and love to take them out to the range.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Yepper is the 22lr version of series 70 Gold Cup. Was new in case when I bought it. Colt's Recomended ammo was Standard Vol ammo.
    Came with the Bomar type target sights like a Gold Cup. It is a,sweet shooter.
    Few year's after I bought it grabbed some new Colt parts. Colt Series 70 slide, chrome lined barrel, bushing, sights etc in 45acp cal from the old News paper style Shotgun News. Remember that? (Man I am old.)
    So have a 45acp conversion fitted by a gun smith. I figured it was something I should do when new parts were still around.

On my short list is a 1911 38 special wad cutter. Yes I have a strange list of wants.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230923_174746_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20230923_174746_Gallery.jpg
      611 KB · Views: 34

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I rode my bike to the Western Auto in our town so that I could order a co2 pellet handgun. Employee handed me a huge catalog to look through. Pointed at what I wanted, paid him and waited for a month for it to finally come in. That was in the early 90s.

Top Bottom