10/22 Questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    I ordered a boyds stock and a tac sol barrel today. I am trying to decide is i want to order a ruger 1022 or buy a volquartson reciever and bolt. What is yalls thoughts? What else is some must have's for a 22? I know i could have got a better barrel thats more accurate but i like the light weight of the tac sol plus the color options as i ordered the same color stock and barrel.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    personally i don't see any reason to spend the money on the vq receiver over the ruger.

check out weaponkraft. they have upgrade kits for the 10/22 internals. i have the ultimate plus upgrade package plus a bell & carlson mag release and the action & trigger is butter. now i just need a stock and barrel :o

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I personally would keep an eye out for a used 10/22 carbine, and use the factory reciever. You can find a whole gun for < volquartsen reciever, and still have spare parts if need be in the future. You would also still have to buy a trigger pack, and the parts for the mag catch/release.

Mine was a factory 10/22 carbine, and I put it in a butler creek stock with
    .920 target barrel combo from cabelas, and It will shoot ragged holes at 50 yards all day long with el cheapo bulk pack ammo. I did however take out the internals and polish them with a dremel and jewelers rouge to improve on the factory trigger pull.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Save your money if you like doing it yourself. In about two hrs start to finnish you can work your stock trigger down to sub 1lb. Of course you can stop befor it gets that light if you want. Extended mag release is a must, you can remove the bolt hold open latch if you want. Some like it some don't.

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    THanks guys for the input!! I think im just gonna stick with the ruger reciever with the stock trigger. I already have the mag release and i cant decide on the bolt hold tho. now i am trying to decide to keep the reciever black / silver or durocote it red.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tstevens42
    Top Bottom