10.5 AR-15 pistols are the best guns ever!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diddyboy225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2022
    Lutcher Louisiana
    5283F44E-793F-4A2B-A8C9-462ADAAF8362.jpeg
    I love my AR-15 pistol. I’ve been building one from just a lower reviver. I would love any tips or advice on how to make it better on a budget.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    In order I’d upgrade the bcg, trigger, then barrel if you really want too. I’ve been happy with aero/ ballistic advantage barrels I have but I may consider upgrading one in the future.

Honestly I wouldn’t cheap out at all on the bcg. For the trigger if you don’t want to spend $200+ I highly recommend a Nickel coated trigger. It’s basically a mil spec trigger with a nickel coating that brings it down to around a 4lb trigger pull in the two ARs I have one in. I just ordered one for my 16” aero because the mil spec trigger is griddy and breaks at around 8lbs. I have one PSA nickel coated trigger and one from BCM. I can’t tell them apart whatsoever. It looks to be the exact same trigger with the exact same markings on it. You can also get the JP enterprise enhanced reliability reduced pull trigger springs to lighten it up even a tad more. I don’t have any yet but I’ve been reading about them and just ordered a couple sets to try out. My only concern with reduced weight trigger springs was sacrificing reliability and getting light primer strikes. From all of the reviews I’m reading it seems that’s not an issue. Only time will tell and it’s worth the $10 to give it a shot imo.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    add a suppressor (plenty of good ones) and a heavier buffer and spring. You will love it even more

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    If his rifle is shooting and ejecting fine why would he add a heavier buffer? if you want to tame recoil adjustable gas block is the way to go and it also helps with shooting suppressed.
    Are you running double reddots? :eek:
    I noticed that also and it looks to be mounted to the handguard. Also with BUIS in case both red dots go dead....

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    If his rifle is shooting and ejecting fine why would he add a heavier buffer? if you want to tame recoil adjustable gas block is the way to go and it also helps with shooting suppressed.

I noticed that also and it looks to be mounted to the handguard. Also with BUIS in case both red dots go dead....
    I meant after adding a suppressor unless it’s a pistol that runs smooth both ways. An adjustable gas block would definitely be better but was thinking how he said on a budget

Diddyboy225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2022
    Lutcher Louisiana
    Maybe with 2 reddots you can roll it to the side at 45deg, and see 2 dots at the same time if you can train each one of your eyes to focus on each reddot and the target beyond,

Would put a whole new meeting for cowitness’s lol
    I tried Getting in the prone position and it’s really uncomfortable to shoot with a 45 round magazine. A 45° red dot is more comfortable to shoot in the prone position and easier to maneuver around corners in CQB.

Diddyboy225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2022
    Lutcher Louisiana
    First thing I noticed. I definitely got a chuckle from it.
    I tried Getting in the prone position and it’s really uncomfortable to shoot with a 45 round magazine. A 45° red dot is more comfortable to shoot in the prone position and easier to maneuver around corners in CQB.
    Don’t knock it until you try it. Its comfortable and makes going around Conners indoors easier.

Diddyboy225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2022
    Lutcher Louisiana
    Maybe with 2 reddots you can roll it to the side at 45deg, and see 2 dots at the same time if you can train each one of your eyes to focus on each reddot and the target beyond,

Would put a whole new meeting for cowitness’s lol

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom