Beretta CX4 Storm- Ur Thoughts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My boss is selling one of these and I think its a very nice looking gun. He has the 40 cal version. Does anyone on here own one are is anyone selling one?

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have one in .40. I have an EOtech on it and it is BAD ASS. SUPER SUPER accurate weapons. Ammo is still cost effective enough that you can afford to shoot it. I would highly recommend it. If you do not want to buy it I will take it. One of my buddies went out and got the same set up after shooting mine. And the last person I let shoot it wants one too. He would love to have this one so like I said if you decide not to let me know and I am sure it is as good as sold. It is my wife's favorite gun. No recoil at all. She says it is like a video game you put the dot on the target and you literally cant miss. The guy that bought one after shooting mine we went to the range to sight it in together. His wife has shot a pistol once in her life, thats it. Once we got it sighted in we made her shoot it. She is about 5'2" and 110# we were shooting Post-It notes at 7yards and she was just making a ragged hole. I made her take it to show her dad I said he is going to be impressed.

Cx4 +1k

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    How much did u spend on yours? And where did you purchase it? I really like it and I think I would like it even better once I shot it.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Well I got mine a few years ago so I dont really know what I spent on it. I know it was way less than the 700-800 I see them for now. I think it was about 500ish. I got it at Lafayette shooter and they are not the cheapest on anything so I probably could have done better than that. But I know a little more now too. I was in the store, they had it, I wanted it, ect. You know how that goes.

Like I said if you decied against it please but my name in line thanks.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Except for the fact that its chambered for a pistol round its a great gun. I had a marlin camp carbine in 9mm for quite a while. I liked it, it was accurate and relatively cheap to shoot. But, you can't hunt w/ it. Its only good at close range for human type targets in a SHTF scenario. And in the case of the storm, you could buy a rifle for a similar amount of money. If its a toy, fine. If its going to be your primary shtf gun, then buy a rifle. Better a good, fast bolt action in a real caliber than a long barrel semiauto pistol. As far as the lack of recoil, I haven't shot a storm but the Marlin's bolt slamming back and forth was more recoil than my AR. Not that an AR has much recoil. Just my opinion...

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Agreed with LACamper. I would not use this for any real situation except maybe home protection. If you are thinking or this as a hunting gun I would reconsider. For home protection I dont think that it is a bad choice. Others may disagree. Mine is only to play around with and plink. Works well on turtles LOL.

FWIW I have a 12GA by the bed.

Top Bottom