10fp not firing after bolt handle replacement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    facts:
    problem did not exist before bolt disassembly
    problem occurs when aftermarket bolt handle & lift kit is installed
    problem still occurs when factory bolt is reinstalled & lift kit is removed.

symptoms:
    the trigger does not release the firing pin. the safety is functional in all 3 positions, and in the fire position the trigger moves as i can remove the bolt fine by normal procedure (pressing down the cocking indicatior & pressing the trigger), but when i reinstall the bolt and the gun is on fire, nothing occurs whenever i pull the trigger. the trigger DOES move, as stated before. trigger does not move in either of the other 2 safety positions. both baffles are positioned correctly as the bolt does go into the gun all the way. i also manually cocked the bolt before reinstalling it obviously since it goes in. i'm a novice when it comes to this and out of ideas. i've removed the stock and adjusted the trigger all the way both ways to no avail.

any suggestions?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Its a Savage, sounds like something isnt right with the accu-trigger and the gun is actually firing as you close the bolt. Not really sure though.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    You could always stick a live round under the extractor to find out :)

Seriously, you could put a fired casing under the extractor to see if you get another firing pin dent on the primer.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Did you figure it out yet? I know you haven't had much time yet if you just installed it but what are your opinions of the lift kit? Did you make one or buy one?

Let me know if you still need help with it, I will pull out my bolt and action and you can take a look at mine and see what the differences are. I'll hook up the web cam or whatever.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    apparently i put the bolt on correctly yesterday initially but the baffle was wrong and the bolt wouldn't go in so i thought i had the handle wrong instead of the baffle so i flipped the handle around.

i flipped everything 180 degrees and all is well. thanks for the help everyone!

in regards to the lift kit, it was worth the $5 extra i paid when i ordered the bolt handle. it's definitely easier to operate the bolt up and down.

i bought the handle & lift kit for 49 shipped from stockade guns. very nice people.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I couldn't find the bolt handle or the lift kit on their site. I have their contact information including a picture of the handle(s) if you'd like. PM me your e-mail address.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom