SOLD: STI custom .40 S&W USPSA Limited competition pistol--back up, lower price

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Back up for sale...someone buy it before I change my mind again. • SOLD • :wtc:

I'm still severely tempted to sell my STI Limited gun since all I've shot for the last couple years has been sporting clays.

It's just way too nice to sit languishing in the safe.

First, a little background. Basically, it's an Edge-spec pistol, but with a number of serious enhancements. 

It was built on a model called the Eagle 5.1 a few years back, with a heavy dustcover and bull barrel, standard 2011 in specs, lightly contoured slide. It has had some excellent work by Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks including a complete trigger job, stippled and contoured grip and his hard-as-nails Atranite black finish.

It is perfectly tuned and runs like a top, accurate and completely dependable. It even fed factory ammo, although I reloaded for it, naturally. After Bobby's work, it was a close to perfect a Limited gun as I could wish for and I loved competing with it.

I have eight tuned match mags with Grams springs and followers, including two that will hold 21 rounds, one that will hold 20, four Dawson tuned mags that will hold 19, and two 20-round practice mags. In general, for standing reloads with a round already chambered, for all practical purposes I like to subtract one round from that maximum capacity for an "easy reload" capacity. Note that all the mags fit the USPSA gauge for legal length.

In the photos of the mags, the first three mags are the Brazos, then two SVI tubed mags, all extra-capacity; the four mags with grey basepads are the Dawson tuned, all with new Gram internals; the last two mags are my "practice" mags, also with new Gram internals. All are tuned not to lock back when empty.

The STI has a pinned grip safety...trust me, the first time you slightly botch a draw grip on a classifier and keep squeezing the trigger without anything happening, you'll realize why most USPSA competitors pin 'em. If you prefer an active grip safety, just remove the pin between the grip safety and mainspring housing. A #12.5 recoil spring and the sweetest 2011 trigger I've felt, crisp and breaking just under #2. The slide still feels like its running on bearings. This gun is set up perfectly, IMO; the Dawson tuned Edges are really nice, but this pistol is tuned to the next level, again IMO.

Test drives are available for serious buyers if we meet up at the Iberia Parish Sheriff's range during their public hours on Wednesday afternoon, Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon.

Will drive a reasonable distance from Lafayette to meet halfway for FTF transaction.

Not interested in any trades, this price is as low as it will go, so no offers, but please contact via PM with all inquiries or questions.

Spec sheet synopsis:
    • STI Eagle 5.1 with bull barrel, heavy dustcover tri-top slide with forward cocking sedations
    • Dawson Lo-Pro mag release button
    • STI adjustable rear sights, F.O. front
    • Solid guide rod: 12.5# ISMI recoil spring
    • SVI flat trigger insert
    • EGW slide stop
    • Dawson Ice Magwell
    • Freedom Gunworks has supplied:
    -Atranite Finish
    -Stippled and undercut grip
    -Wilson Hi-Ride Ambi safety
    -FGW Ultimate Trigger job
    -Pinned grip safety

PRICING
    Package price of $2,800, FTF, which would include the pistol, a pistol rug, all the mags & two CED mag pouches, some spare mag parts/2011 parts (including extra Brazos tuned extractor and ejector).

Otherwise:
    Pistol only, FTF: $2,000
    Brazos tuned STI-bodied mag (1) or SVI-bodied tuned mags (2): $135 each
    Dawson tuned mags (4): $110 each
    Practice mags (2): $90 each
    Blade-Tech DOH (early model with an excellent, solid one-piece hanger): $30

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom