12 or 20 ga double barrel shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I am trying to decide on a 12 ga or 20 ga double barrel shotgun I used to have a SXS CZ 12 ga never shot it traded it to my brother he won't sell it back i see a 20ga for sale on here It would be used for home defiance and maybe a little hunting, I know a pump or auto would work but I am 73 now I have some 12 ga ammo guess i could trade it if i go the 20 ga.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    I'm 78 and my 12-gauge home defense is certainly no fun to shoot---I realize if I needed it, I'd only have to
    shoot it once or maybe twice. I've had the 12 gauge for 14 years. If given the choice now I'd choose the 20
    gauge.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    We have both in our house. The wife handles the little 20 auto very well at the range. I actually enjoy shooting the 20 and have a couple of pistol grip pump models and a Shockwave. With 3 or 1 buck, it’s still a devastating and formidable home defense choice. Just easier on those old bones.
    Academy regularly has 25 round boxes of Monarch 3X3 buckshot in 20ga for like 15 bucks. I’ve shot well over 100 rounds of that and it’s been 100%. The guns think it’s Winchester I guess.

Freek589

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 15, 2019
    Denham springs
    I just scooped up a Cz O/U in 20ga. My lil boy shoots a single shot 20 so just made more sense to get the 20 and only have to buy target rounds in 20

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I've had a 20ga Stevens 311 since I was 17 or so, A 12ga since about 19. That was almost 40 years ago. Last year I picked up a LC Smith in 20 and a Parker in 12, that I haven't been able to shoot yet. My tastes are apparently getting more expensive. Even so, I wouldn't part with that prewar 311 in 20ga. It's knocked a lot of Starlings out of the sky!!!

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I think I have found one it's a Stevens 12ga shoots 2 3/4 no magnums which is good only plan on using it for Home defense and a little hunting Have been looking at those mini loads

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I would go take one on one classes with an instructor and see if they would let you borrow a shotgun. The goal would be just to see if that is the right type of gun for you. I personally dont like the weight, the recoil, low capacity and the fact you have to run the pump correctly for it to shoot again (i know it's a double barrel thread but pump guns are popular). I accept you can train with whatever you chose. And of course, you DO have to aim. In home interior distances, it's basically a rifle.

Top Bottom