SOLD: Remington 700 ADL .308 with Leupold 3X9 Vari-X II scope Older model.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    This is an older model. I bought it new. EDIT: I originally thought I bought it in 1980 but I found the date code and see its actually from Feb. 1976 The date code on the barrel is LI. Which makes sense because that's when I was in a hunting club in Alabama. The older you get the faster time goes by.... I used it hunting for a few seasons, but has been sitting in my safe for the better part of the last 20 years. Only brought out for checks and oiling periodically. I did take it out a few months ago and shot a box out of it to check and it still shoots spot on. Not sure of total round count, but its not many. Just checking it out before hunting season when I used it.

Its in very good condition with a few light marks on the stock. The worst of it is on the scope where the rings had come slightly lose and I didn't know it did. When I shot it, the scope moved and put a scratch as can be seen in the photo. Doesn't hurt the effectiveness of the scope... but it did tick me off when it happened!

It has sling swivels attached and also comes with the original iron sites. Leupold 3X9 Vari-X II scope is mounted using Redfield low rings and mount. Scope is clear.

Looking for $525 for the rifle and scope. I'm not interested in splitting it up or in trades at the moment.

I'm located in Covington.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom