126 Breakthrough Cases of Covid in Louisiana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    BATON ROUGE - As of Friday (April 2), 126 people in Louisiana were classified as having a "breakthrough" vaccine COVID case - testing positive for coronavirus after being fully vaccinated.

About half of the breakthrough cases were found during routine screening and the patients were asymptomatic at the time of the test, health officials said Friday.

A person is fully vaccinated 14 days after they've received the second of two doses or the one and only single-dose vaccine.

The 126 cases of people having contracted COVID even after being fully vaccinated is a small fraction of the number of people who have completed the vaccine series. As of the most recent data, 782,189, people have been fully vaccinated in Louisiana. The 126 people represent .02%.

"Keep in mind that these vaccines are highly effective — 95% for Pfizer, 94% for Moderna and 73% for Johnson & Johnson — and all three are 100% effective at preventing serious illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths," state health officials said.

"These [breakthrough] cases are exceedingly rare," state health officials added.

Data was not immediately available Friday related to specific information about the vaccines the 126 received, their ages or which areas of the state were seeing the most breakthrough cases.

"The COVID vaccines are safe and effective, and during clinical trials, COVID-positive cases were identified after a person was vaccinated in a small number of vaccinations. The trials in all three vaccines were shown to be 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death," state health officials added.

Though, the health department quantified: "No vaccine is 100% effective in 100% of circumstances and this is why building protective herd immunity through expanded community vaccination remains a goal in Louisiana and nationwide. It's also why we continue to stress that until we reach herd immunity wearing a mask and social distancing are critical tools in protecting yourself and your loved ones against COVID."

The state released the number of so-called breakthrough cases Friday, more than a week after the WBRZ Investigative Unit first asked the Department of Health for data.

"Even with these highly effective vaccines, it’s still important to practice common sense protective measures until we reach herd immunity. This includes mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing and staying home when sick. Masks are especially important due to the COVID variants circulating in the U.S. and in Louisiana," LDH said in a previous statement to WBRZ.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    read in another artical about this that the 126 people represent .02% of the total vaccinated people but they only tested .05% of vaccinated people for the covid after the wait period after vaccine.....

soo you have a .02% test pos after fully vaccinated, they say its only a small number of fully vaccinated people but what they arnt telling you is they only retested only a very small number of .05% of vaccinated... wonder what that % test positive is.... instead of playing it down to the .02%

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    What it means is that the vaccines are actually more effective than previously reported. No vaccine is 100%, but a tiny fraction of 1% infection rate and no symptoms or sickness is as good as it gets.
    Some of those 126 might have died or suffered long term damage to organs if they had not been vaccinated.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    What it means is that the vaccines are actually more effective than previously reported. No vaccine is 100%, but a tiny fraction of 1% infection rate and no symptoms or sickness is as good as it gets.
    Some of those 126 might have died or suffered long term damage to organs if they had not been vaccinated.

or they might have lived a healthy life without being vaccinated.....

btw what are the long term or even short term damages to organs from the vaccine.... OHHHH wait there are no studies yet lol

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    or they might have lived a healthy life without being vaccinated.....

btw what are the long term or even short term damages to organs from the vaccine.... OHHHH wait there are no studies yet lol

A good friend of mine caught Covid-19 last year. He was sick for a month and suffered renal failure about 6 months after that. He is now in dialysis 3 times a week at age 38! His doctor told him that the damage to his kidneys was likely caused by Covid-19.
    There are other cases of organ damage from Covid-19 nationwide that have been reported.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Just more BS from dum bel edwards so he can get more $ from the head dumb a$$ in washington

That’s right! Dum bel and the other 49 Governors are all trying to sell us snake oil at no charge! I thought the snake salesman was supposed to quickly put on a show, take your money, and leave town?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    sorry to hear about your friend... I dont doubt certian people prob need the covid-19 vaccine for various health reasons , just like insulin and diabetes, but for the gov. push on it i dont agree with it... thats all my friend, thats all

- - - Updated - - -

That’s right! Dum bel and the other 49 Governors are all trying to sell us snake oil at no charge! I thought the snake salesman was supposed to quickly put on a show, take your money, and leave town?

lol no charge... our kids kids will be paying for this for years to come

i dont think they charged for the kool-aid at the Jamestown party did they... Just saying lol

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    my only question is...

the red pill or blue pill the covid vaccine? :confused:

Attachments

• 08b961a0eacb4fb896b16e34e57427ec89744456a68e48827b5aea1ff8b9c233_grande.jpg
      08b961a0eacb4fb896b16e34e57427ec89744456a68e48827b5aea1ff8b9c233_grande.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 144

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    While I despise the concept that anything is *free*, since it isn’t, and I agree the democrats are wasting trillions on many items, plus open borders, and gun control, and on and on, I don’t see how the vaccine is a Democrat agenda. Aren’t republican governor's pushing this as well? Didn’t the Trump administration start this?

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Here are 12 important questions and answers before considering getting vaccinated:

?"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?" Government: "NO"

?"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal? Government: "NO"

?"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?" Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."

?"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?" Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."

?"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?" Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."

? "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?" Government: "NO"

? "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?" Government: "NO"

? "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?" Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."

?"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?" Government: "NO"

?"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?" Government: "To protect others."

?"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?" Government: "NO"

? "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacturer or the Government?" Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufacturers have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"

So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...

Does not provide immunity

Does not eliminate the virus

Does not prevent death

Does not guarantee you won’t get it

Does not stop you from passing it on to others

Does not eliminate the need for travel bans

Does not eliminate the need for business closures

Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns

Does not eliminate the need for masking

If after reading this you still decide to get the "vaccine*

Thanks Joey

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    While I despise the concept that anything is *free*, since it isn’t, and I agree the democrats are wasting trillions on many items, plus open borders, and gun control, and on and on, I don’t see how the vaccine is a Democrat agenda. Aren’t republican governor's pushing this as well? Didn’t the Trump administration start this?

dont think nobody hear stated it was a republican/ democrat battle.....

more of a big gov./wasting money/overstepping control/ isolating familys and children from daily activities/shutting churches down ect ect kinda battle

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Well hell NO's you say, That's fast service and probably under 40 minutes ? Just guessing on both counts ?

As a matter of fact, it took less than 30 minutes for both appointments including the time for parking in the garage(also free) and the 15 minutes observation period.
    Hulk Hogan was there to induct everyone into the NWO(New World Order of Wrestling):dogkeke:

Top Bottom