** SOLD ** Wts S&w M&p 9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    As much as it pains me to do so, I'm selling my like new S&W M&P 9.

It's only a few months old and has less than 100 rounds through it.

I couldn't decide if I wanted the full size or the compact, so I bought them both. Can only afford to feed one, so the bigger ones got to go.

It comes with 2 - 17 round mags, interchangeable backstraps, and case.

Face to face sale only, please only serious individuals.

I paid $550 new, will sell for $450 firm.

Thanks for looking.

DSC01599.JPG

DSC01600.JPG

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Those looking for compacts, try GunBroker. I found mine on there and paid under $550 including shipping and FFL fees. And yes, it is a GREAT little gun!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    All these people wanting compacts... got me considering selling mine :confused:

Wish someone had a Mini-14 they would part with at a good price, I would
    certainly part with it.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Paul, Dan Burwell is one of the best M&P Gunsmiths available. Checkout this out.
    http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/misc/M&Ptriggerjob.pdf
    Dan can also give instructions on reducing pre travel. He did a trigger job on my first M&P and it was very smooth and broke at 4# 4oz. with a good reset.
    Dan can be reached at 814-932-4792
    He shoots his M&P in matches.

I've got one M&P that Burwell had worked over already. Trigger breaks somewhere scarily around 2 pounds. I haven't interacted with Burwell before [that M&P was second hand with the work already done]. I've known Dave Bowie and Mike Benedict for years so I'll probably have one of them rework this new M&P, if I decide to have anything done.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've got one M&P that Burwell had worked over already. Trigger breaks somewhere scarily around 2 pounds. I haven't interacted with Burwell before [that M&P was second hand with the work already done]. I've known Dave Bowie and Mike Benedict for years so I'll probably have one of them rework this new M&P, if I decide to have anything done.

David Bowie and Dan Burwell M&P carry triggers are comparable. I know you know David and he has three trigger options on his M&P's. The one you have with a Burwell trigger had to be set up for a competition shooter. I used Dan because he had a one week turn around and David had a 12 week back log. This was when David was still a Police Officer and not smithing full time.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    David Bowie and Dan Burwell M&P carry triggers are comparable. I know you know David and he has three trigger options on his M&P's. The one you have with a Burwell trigger had to be set up for a competition shooter. I used Dan because he had a one week turn around and David had a 12 week back log. This was when David was still a Police Officer and not smithing full time.

Unfortunately, they are both backlogged now. I'll probably try and sweet talk Mike Benedict into doing the work for me. I've got to have the XS rear sight on the Burwell gun reworked, so I'll probably wait until I get that slide back before I ship off this one. I'm debating between the Warren, 10-8, Burwell & Bowie rear sights for the new one. I've got a couple of Glocks set up with Warrens and I'm planning to put a 10-8 NM U-notch rear on a 1911 that's being built but I'm undecided on this M&P.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    So what tritium sights are out there suitable for carry? I believe the factory are Novaks which I like, but I haven't seen any pics of their tritium variants. I like the big honkin' white dots on the standard sights, I'm hoping their night sights are similar.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    So what tritium sights are out there suitable for carry? I believe the factory are Novaks which I like, but I haven't seen any pics of their tritium variants. I like the big honkin' white dots on the standard sights, I'm hoping their night sights are similar.

Novaks are wretched when it comes to one hand gun work. Also, I'm not a fan of three dot sights in general and definitely not three dot trit. Your eye will be drawn to the source of greatest light. That means that when you have more light coming off of the rear sight [due to the two trit vials] than the front your eye will be drawn to it rather than forward to the front sight.
    Additionally, the factory Novak trits that I've seen on M&Ps were extra crappy in that the front hole was drilled, the trit was inserted and the inner edges of the hole were painted white instead of a smooth lense covering the hole and the white outline painted on the flat surface.

For post & notch sights, I'm a fan of the Warren design. If you want tritium in the rear, they do a small amber dot under the notch and a larger, white outlined green dot on the front. It's sort of an improved Hienie Straight Eight design.

For a defensive gun, I'm a Big Dot guy. I've already got Express Sights on one M&P. I'll probably go with Warren's on this one.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would have to try Bowie's XL Trigger. He also offers some good Tritium sights he helped design for the M&P.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I thought you might try the XL. Let me know how it works after it is broken in.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom