WTB .22 rifle, singleshot or clip, inexpensive

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    You're welcome. I though about offering him some cash for all the guns. It seems like the guns were cheap and the cabinet was expensive.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Actually Rainman, I talked to the dude earlier today and I'm buying all three .22's he had for sale and thanks for the headsup Derf.

Well i talked to him this afternoon also and he agreed to meet me to sell the Marlin??

I told him I'll take the Marlin 49 sight unseen at his price. He said you were tire kicking, wanting to look at them 1st. Guess he accepted the 1st i'll take it on it.

Last edited:

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Will do. He has it listed for 1K but he says make him an offer. I just spoke to him on the phone and when we meet for the Marlin transaction I'll see what's his rock bottom on it.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Ok, I see what happened. I told him I would buy them all and we were supposed to meet this afternoon. i guess he talked to you later and decided to sell the Marlin to you so he could get more money out of the transaction and then sell me the other two.
    I'll meet with him tomorrow to get the remington from him and maybe the Revelation/Mossberg depending on what he can knock off of that one for a package deal, otherwise I'll just get the Remington .22 .
    He offered all three to me for $200 and now he wants 150 for the other 2 and somehow I think the Marlin was worth more than $50.
    I figured the Marlin was worth 80 and the other 2 should bring in 120, so that is what I'll offer him for both or I'll just get the Remington and if the Remington gets sold out from under me, I wont be getting any of them, period.
    I'm almost tempted to not buy any of this since he sold the Marlin out from under our deal that we had made earlier this morning. I hate people that welch on **** like that.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Don't know Hunter? I called him a short while before my 1st reply. I actually read his listing wrong and thought he was asking $100 for the Marlin. I offered him $75 for it and said he could keep the scope. He said fine and he didn't care about the scope. So we set up a meeting to do the deal.
    (When he answered and I told him why I was calling, I even asked him if he still had the 22's or if he had sold them. He said no, I still have them. Then I told him I was after the Marlin and he said ok. He never said they, or any of them were spoken for or sold already).

Then when I read your reply I called him again and let him know what was going on, and asked what was up since we said "Done" earlier?
    Only then did he tell me you weren't certain yet that you wanted to see them, but I said i'd take it (the Marlin) sight unseen.
    I even mentioned that I read his listing wrong and I offered what he was asking (which I'm fine with, been looking for a 22 rifle in that price range), he said "I had the Marlin at $100 and the other 2 at $150." ?? Don't know if that's correct, I didn't see the listing before today.

So I confirmed the deal that we had made earlier, he assured me we were on and even said my name an cell #. As for meeting him tonight I asked him to also and he said he was at a dinner and wouldn't be able to.

He said that you wanted to see them (possibly he meant see 1 or more, if you commited to 1 or more already ??) before buying them (he said "Them"). I said I would take the Marlin as is and we set up a F2F earlier.

Don't know? We'll see.

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    No big deal, I have 2 Marlin 60's already anyways. I'll just offer him 125 for the other 2 or I'll pick up the Remington for $75 and that'll be the end of it.
    I told him in no uncertain terms that I would buy all three sight unseen cause he made a package deal for me and I was just waiting to get home from work to meet up with him tonite to pick them up and then he changed the deal without consulting me first. You had nothing to do with this and it was all on the seller as to how he wanted to conduct business. No big deal on the Marlin as they are $75 rifles anyways.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Well he isn't being truthful with me. Have you called him out on all this like I did?

When I meet with him for the sell i'm definitely giving him a million $ bill!

So what was his excuse to you for not meeting you tonight? I think we should meet him at the same time and place. See how red his face gets. I have no problem with it.
    I'm not looking to sell it, I want to keep it, $75 is great for me for that. Now I just hope the barrel's straight. :)

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Nah, dont worry about it-- I still want the Remington .22 which is what I wanted out of the whole bunch anyways. I have 5 other 22's anyways. Go ahead and do your deal with him
    and I'll get the the Remington from him later. Just keep it under your hat for the time being so we can get the rifles we both want and let it slide. I didnt really need all those extra 22's anyways and it saved me money by not getting them all and i can apply the rest to an 8mm Mauser rifle I found anyways. He did me a favor anyways.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Nah, dont worry about it-- I still want the Remington .22 which is what I wanted out of the whole bunch anyways. I have 5 other 22's anyways. Go ahead and do your deal with him
    and I'll get the the Remington from him later. Just keep it under your hat for the time being so we can get the rifles we both want and let it slide. I didnt really need all those extra 22's anyways and it saved me money by not getting them all and i can apply the rest to an 8mm Mauser rifle I found anyways. He did me a favor anyways.

Well I was thinking about it last night.
    I believe you that y'all had a deal and he only changed when he saw a chance to make a whole 25 bucks more off of the 2 of us instead of him keeping his word and sticking with his original deal with you.

He tried to deceive me with the things he told me. I now realize there was a reason I posted that I scooped the Marlin, so that it could come out that he was going back on his word.
    So I plan to bow out of the deal that he made with me and will let him know why. If he had a deal with you for all 3 rifles and then changed it when I called him (just to make 25 bucks more because of my offer), I don't want to be a part of that. The way I look at it now, what else may he not be being truthful about? Possibly the rifles them self?

It was what I was looking for and also the price, but even as bad as I wanted it, doing what's right is more important to me. Even if it's helping someone else do what's right that keeps me from it.

Now however, if you buy those 3 rifles at y'alls original deal, and then you want to sell the Marlin for $75, Or you want to keep it and sell one of your Model 60"s, just let me know.

Sorry for the confusion and glad it got sorted out.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Ok Hunter, I just spoke to Mr. Robert and told him of the entire situation. He is telling me that you and him never had a confirmed deal, only that you wanted to look at all 3 of them.

I told him I didn't want to get in on someone else's deal that they already had with him and he said there was no deal, only that you wanted (didn't yet set a day or time) to meet him to see the 3 rifles, and then decide if you wanted all 3.

I asked him for your # so I could call you, but he said there was no deal between you 2 (I didn't get your #). I PMed you a couple of times, I'll also PM you my cell # if you want to call me or send me yours.

I backed out for now (till tomorrow night) and told him I would call him tomorrow to see if he still had the Marlin and go from there.

Bottom line is,
    If you had a confirmed deal I don't want to buy it out from under you and I told him that I would back out.
    If there was no confirmed deal I don't want it to appear that I bought one out from under you.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Hey, Rain, that sounds like the right thing to do. I was a little worried that you jumped in front of hunter on his own thread and then bragged about it. I almost posted a reply to that effect. But, it now seems like you are straight up about the whole deal.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Derf you should have reamed me :D, we could have got to the bottom of it sooner.

I'm seeing it from different ways also. Hunter's title was that he wanted a .22 rifle single shot or clip, inexpensive. So I figured the tube feed Marlin was fair game since it wasn't what he was looking for, so I thought.

I also think Hunter was wanting to do a deal for all 3 because if he told him 200 for all 3, that would have put the other 2 at $62.50 each ($75 for the Marlin). He said the guy wants 150 for the 2 now, $75 each. Which I don't blame him for trying to make deal that way to get the one(s) he really wanted cheaper, that's smart business, we all do it.

I can see how my 1st reply may have looked like bragging, but it wasn't. Even mentioned the "Marlin" (thinking he wanted a 1 shot or clip). I to have been looking for a .22 rifle, even had my own WTB post for one, guess I should have BTT'd it.
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11906

I thought I was straight from the get go,
    But with the conflicting stories by them (and wondering which way to believe) I figured it would be best to stay out of it all together. I would love to do a 3 way call and get it sorted out, cause it just ain't adding up. But i'm over it! :)

Anyone got a $100 semi-auto .22LRifle they want to sell (for $100)?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom