SOLD: WTS/WTT M1 Garand with ammo and extras

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.Ellis

One for the road
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Madisonville,LA
    I have had this rifle for over 5 years and have only shot it 50 times. I thought it I was going to get into old rifles from WWII but have limited funds and too many hobbies.

The rifle is made from old M1 parts. It has a Springfield receiver with a serial number dating it back to 1930's. The barrel is a Winchester Barrel. The stock has no markings on it so cannot say if it is after market or came from an older M1. The person I got it from said he got it from CMP and I believe he said it was a service grade.

I replaced the clip release spring and the operating rod spring because when I got it those were worn out. I still have the old springs in a bag that will come with the rifle.

Over all I would say the rifle is in good condition. The receiver is in great condition and has no corrosion or pitting. The rifling on the barrel looks OK and there are some scratches on the outside of the barrel.

This rifle would come as a package deal with 550 rounds of FMJ 30-06 and 50 rounds of AP 30-06 with 7 clips and the bandolier. The bandolier has a date stamped of 1954. Two ammo cans come with the ammo also. I will not split up the ammo, accessories or the rifle as I have no use for one without the other.

$900 for everything OBO.

I would consider a trade. Cash can be added my way or your way depending on the trade.

Instant message me through Bayou Shooter if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.JPG
      IMG_1321.JPG
      62.8 KB · Views: 86
    Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom