looking for some #12 or #11 or #10 or #9 Lead Shot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Looking for a small quantity of #12 or #11 or #10 or #9 Lead Shot for project...1 pound to 5 pounds is plenty.
    If you have any to sell or trade, that would help me with my project needs. :D
    Please PM me if you can help!
    Thanks and best regards,
    Wade

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    At $55/25# it's not cheap. If you don't need prime stuff, then may I suggest looking on the Internet for reclaimed shot. I've sent folks to this for craft work and the racing folks as a cheaper source of shot. If you need 1st rate stuff then the two big box stores have it.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Thanks Bryan, BTW it was great meeting and doing business the other day. And my nephew was grateful for me to pick up the powder from you.
    I only need a small amount for making some shotshells. I have #6 and #7 1/2, I was just hoping someone local might have some of the smaller shot they could part with or trade something for...

This was an interesting project I had been thinking about because one of my nephews wanted Snake Shot for his 40S&W, well CCI dropped production a while back on theirs.

Here is what I did to make these, first I started with an old split 10mm casing properly sized and chamfered the inside and outside of the case mouth. This was used to cut wads from old primer tray covers, 2 for each round.

Then got several 10mm casings properly sized & primed with a CCI 350 Large Pistol Primers.

Next was hand weighed 3.5 grains of Alliant Red Dot powder and placed in the prepared cases, inserted one of the cards as a powder cover and then the second on top of the first keeping them squarely seated on top the powder.

Next I ran the cases into the 9x25 Dillon forming die, this puts a 9mm neck on the 10mm casing where the shoulder is set back to allow the casing to fit a 40S&W chamber. Then I ran these into the RCBS 9mm expander as set to slightly flair the now formed 9x25Dillon casing.

Then I filled the casing with shot (I only had #6 mixed with #7 1/2) however #9 or #12 would be better to use for this project. Leaving a little room, I pressed a .35 Cal Gas Check (cup up) on top to hold the shot in place. Once it was pressed down even to the case mouth, I taper crimped inward to finish.

Managed to test fire the round from my G-29 with the LWD 40S&W conversion barrel and the results were great even though the shot sizes were larger than desired.

IMG_0006_zpsxq49t5ib.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsyuyesg7w.jpg

Top Bottom