SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I have a LNIB Eotech 557.AR223 that I just received this week. It's new for all intensive purposes. I removed it from the hard case inserted the batteries and realized that there is no way I'll be able to use the sight comfortably with my astigmatism. Its never even been mounted.

The reatil for 589. I'd like to sell for 525 490 obo 475. Its been turned on and thats it.

I'll bring it with me to the gunshow if there is any interest.

Buyer on Arfcom backed out :(

Details are here:

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=8&cat=1

557.jpg
    AR223Reticle.jpg

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    How does your astigmatism prevent you from using this? Just asking b/c I have it too and thought about buying one of these down the road

It makes the reticle blurry. I can see it if its bright outside with my glasses on. I can't see it at all indoors with my glasses off which would make it pretty much useless if I tried to use it as a defense weapon at night.

If its a low light situation like my house with nothing but light coming through the blinds it looks like a big fireball.

With that being said I had my wife and some other people check it out and they could see it fine in the same lighting conditions.

Last edited:

peacemakr72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Amen to that

I was looking at this same Eotech for sale by individual and when I looked
    with my prescriptions off the recticle was very blurry. I still bought it thinking
    it was a bad battery or something under warranty. I read the instructions and put my glasses on and what do you know. Clear as a bell.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Why would anyone think that they would be able to see this recticle better than anything else? I don't understand. I wear glasses and would never think that I could see ANYTHING better (or even clearly for that matter) with them off.

Just curious.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I can't see it with my contacts in or glasses on. Its better with them on and I can see the outside of the reticle outside and distinguish the larger reticle but the four inside reticles look like a connected line.

My wife and my neighbor both looked through it and says its looks fine. So evidently its my eyes.

Pure Luck

Yes it is loaded
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well I HATE to see anyone give up on Eotech. I have one and love it. You are sure your using it correctly? Some days when I first started using mine, it was fuzzy.

Make sure you have both eyes open but most important, focus on the target.

If it does not work for you, some one will scoop this up. It is the one that takes AA, isnt it?

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Well I HATE to see anyone give up on Eotech. I have one and love it. You are sure your using it correctly? Some days when I first started using mine, it was fuzzy.

If it does not work for you, some one will scoop this up. It is the one that takes AA, isnt it?

Yeah I have used Eotech's in the past. I've never used one with the bullet drop compensator. the 4 reticles for the different ranges all look like a long fuzzy line like they touch. My wife can clearly see the 4 individual dots but it don't work for me.

It is a AA model.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA

I sold mine for the same reason TDH is selling his.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    What grain bullet and barrel length is the reticle calibrated for ?

I honestly don't know. I'll have to open it and see if it tells in the manual.

It says it was designed for an M4.

Their website says:

557.AR223

GSA Contract: GS-07F-0182L

557.jpg

Operation

• Optics: Transmission holography - parallax free
    • Magnification: 1x
    • Eye Relief: Unlimited
    • Length/Width/Height: 5.70\"x2.1\"x2.8\" (133x49x71 mm)
    • Weight: TBD
    • Temperature: -40 to 150 F (using AA lithiums); -20 to 140 F (AA Alkaline)
    • Waterproof: Submersible to 33 ft depth
    • Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
    • Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
    • Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2\" at 100 yds)
    • Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
    • Mount: 1\" Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) rail
    • Return to Zero: Repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mounting
    Heads-Up-Display Window

• Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
    • Window Dimensions: 1.20\" x 0.85\" (30 x 23mm)
    • Front Window Material: 1/8\" solid glass
    • Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16\" thick)
    • Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4\" eye relief
    • Standard Reticle: AR223 BDC reticle with additional drop point dots for 400, 500, and 600 meters
    Electrical

• Brightness Adjustment Range: 110,000:1 brightest to lowest
    • Night Vision Brightness Range: 1000:1 with NV switch engaged
    • Function Button Location: Left side near the rear of sight
    • Power Source: 2x 1.5V AA batteries (supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable)
    • Battery Life: 1,000 continuous hours (lithium) at nominal setting 12; 600 continuous with AA alkaline
    • Brightness Settings: 30 settings with scrolling feature (10 settings for NV use)
    • Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
    • Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs

The new 557.AR223 has been developed to optimize the functionality of the HWS. The buttons have been moved from the back to the left side for instant access, allowing a magnifier, night vision, or a back up iron sight to fit closely to the HWS body. This new button position allows the user to operate the HWS function switches easier than ever before. Additionally, a portion of the front base has been raised to allow the sight to fit over standard hand guards found on many M-4 or M-16 style weapons.
    The 557.AR223 is configured with a new ballistic matching reticle image for the M4 carbine. The battle tested circle/dot reticle will be offered along with a series of 1 MOA aiming dots that are vertically aligned and calibrated specifically for the ballistic drop of .223 caliber ammunition. The reticle provides 4 aiming dots for target distances of 0-300m, 400m, 500m, and 600m.

• Buttons on left side to work specifically with NV or magnifiers
    • AA Battery model (supports Lithium or Alkaline)
    • Ballistic reticle specific to .223 caliber munitions
    • Compatible with Gen I-IV Night Vision Systems (tandem operation)
    • Raised 7mm base
    Suggested Retail: $589.00

Where Can You Buy It?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My guess it would be calibrated for 16" barrel, 55gr XM193. Standard issue military stuff.

Would the bullet drop difference between say 55gr and 62gr be substantial at those ranges?

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    If I were guessing I would say 14.5 barrel and M855 62gr. That's what we had on my last deployment.

Do they issue XM193 now?

In the right up it says it works with M4 and M16. I don't see anything else in the manual. I guess the only way to find out would be to call and ask at this point.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If I were guessing I would say 14.5 barrel and M855 62gr. That's what we had on my last deployment.

Do they issue XM193 now?

In the right up it says it works with M4 and M16. I don't see anything else in the manual. I guess the only way to find out would be to call and ask at this point.

Yeah, I actually have no clue. I just play an army man on Xbox. :rofl:

It does still appear 14.5" and M855 is the standard issue for the M4.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom