WTB Lee Progressive press *found and bought*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am trying to decide between the Lee 1000 and Hornady Lock n load AP..... I would have pulled the trigger on a 1000 at Cabelas the other day but they only had .40 and .38 special kits in stock.

LouisianaAKman

B.O.W. #318
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    West Monroe,LA
    I have loaded thousands of rounds on an elcheapo Lee single stage press, and now I'm thinking I want the 1000 or Loadmaster for .223 and 9mm after loading 500 rounds of .223 and 1K rounds of 9mm in the last couple of weeks, definitely need the progressive if I want my fingertips to heal! lmao

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Would someone that has experience with the loadmaster please chime in. I keep reading that there are propblems with the primer feeders on these units. Also "too much flex". Other than getting out a lot cheaper with the Lee is it a good deal to go with it over the Dillon 550 or 650? Dillon's on Fleabay are going for more than a brand new one..amazing!:puke: I really want the 650 but will settle for the 550 if I were to ever find one at a good deal.

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Would someone that has experience with the loadmaster please chime in. I keep reading that there are propblems with the primer feeders on these units. Also "too much flex". Other than getting out a lot cheaper with the Lee is it a good deal to go with it over the Dillon 550 or 650? Dillon's on Fleabay are going for more than a brand new one..amazing!:puke: I really want the 650 but will settle for the 550 if I were to ever find one at a good deal.

If you're interested in the Dillon 650, check out the Hornady Lock N Load AP.

I found this great comparison while I was doing research:

http://www.comrace.ca/cmfiles/dillonLeeHornadyComparison.pdf

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    which

depends on what you can spend and how picky you are.the lee can get you going and I have 5 lee presses.I cant afford dillon and I dont want hornady.
    so it leaves Lee.now if the green machine was still made?? I have one in 38 spec. its better than all of them.but is dedicated to one caliber.:rolleyes::D

Trent2

Ole Dead Eye
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Oscar, LA
    I have the loadmaster and like it. If you go slow and set it up right it's a great press.
    Go to utube and search for loadmaster and you'll find some really good instructional videos on it. A couple of guys have different segments on proper setup of the different stages with some really good tips.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge

There is a plastic primer feeder that cost like $.65 that gets mangled. I have loaded over 3k rounds on mine loadmaster now and I have replaced it twice I believe. That is the only problem I ever had with it and to save the money over the Dillon, I can deal with .65 every few thousand rounds.

To the OP, if you are looking to reload .223, stay away from the Pro 1000. That one I believe only loads pistol calibers.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom