The "Coon Man"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    the video is a must watch...

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...5/To+urban+hunter++next+meal+is+scampering+by

Detroit - When selecting the best raccoon carcass for the special holiday roast, both the connoisseur and the curious should remember this simple guideline: Look for the paw.

"The paw is old school," says Glemie Dean Beasley, a Detroit raccoon hunter and meat salesman. "It lets the customers know it's not a cat or dog.".................

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I used to kill and sell coons for 20.00 a coon and sell them on Lake Road in Lacombe to some of the black guys down there. They would eat them up. I have never tried one that I know of although my uncle makes a stew and I would bet there are coons in there. :hs:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Not concerned about rabies? I've got one that lives in my backyard, but I like it b/c it scares stray cats away:

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I don't eat 'em, but, I sure love to hunt 'em... Nothing sounds as pretty as a good coondog in the woods!! If you've never done it, coonhunting is a lot of fun, and trust me, it is addictive.

OOPS, my hillbilly gene is showing, sorry.

Marc

P.S. My little brother (who lives in TX) claims he "only eats one or two a year" - interesting, he doesn't say he doesn't em at all? He has a hillbilly gene, too.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    that reporter was a douche,,fk him,,,the man is trying to earn money,,,even tho the 4 on his sign was backwards,,,i would sit and eat coon and drink fago with homeboy anyday,(ive never tried coon but im not-ascared),,,i waould just asume kick the reporters teeth in and throw him down a fight of steps...

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...5/To+urban+hunter++next+meal+is+scampering+by

Detroit - When selecting the best raccoon carcass for the special holiday roast, both the connoisseur and the curious should remember this simple guideline: Look for the paw.

"The paw is old school," says Glemie Dean Beasley, a Detroit raccoon hunter and meat salesman. "It lets the customers know it's not a cat or dog.".................

a couple of the coonasses i work with say the same thing,,but they said you have to leave it on or youll get in trouble.wlf dept.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    One of my Grandpas was a trapper when I was little. He pot-fried them in a black iron pot, and they were good. A little oily. Tried it cooked by other people and it sucked.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I killed and ate a raccoon before because I wanted to see how they tasted. I made a stew. To me the whole animal tasted very much like chicken thigh, but a little stringier. Not bad at all and I think it would be good bbq'd.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If you need one go to Plank Rd. in BR

Heine004.jpg

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Or go to Plank and Hollywood. I think this guy caterers to Canadian Policemen. Donuts one one side on the street Coons on there other. :rofl:

Heine002.jpg

lurkerwisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I am not entirely convinced that isn't the same truck.

Not the same truck I took the pictures on the way into town. First at plank & hollywood then when I got to plank at choctaw.

Notice the freezer in the back of the second truck, one truck is a extra cab too.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    maybe, we've been going backward for a long time...

Times are changing as a thought are we going Backwards?:wtc:

Years ago, I used to read a lot of old, science fiction and I been thinking about the stories - often, in the books, aliens would kidnap humans and force them to become robots - humans fused with technology. Humans, whose wills have been taken away involuntarily. In the books it was always against the human will. Now, I see humans attached to cellphones, computers, tvs, cars, video games, and on and on - and they welcome turning their lives over to those technologies. Ironic, huh?

I think the answer to you question is yes, we are going backwards. I think we have been since we traded our horses and mules for cars.

Marc

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

I heard about this guy on walton and johnson two days ago. Also I see those guys all the time. Yall forgot about the one on N. Foster just past hollywood going towards Winnbourne. And yes I am a white boy my I just live in that area w/ my grandpa while I'm going to brcc.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just left the Detroit Metro Area and it breaks my heart to see it go the way of the dodo bird.

I just cannot bring myself to eat another "sharp-toothed", meat-eating animal. If it eats meat it does not have to worry about me shooting or trapping it to feast upon under normal circumstances. They're kinda cute, too, but we had a helluva time with them in MI; way too many it seemed. MI needs to import more working strain Airedales, American Bulldogs and Catahoulas and the like to eradicate the pesky little rascals.

Top Bottom