Shooting a small caliber gun in Central,LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Is it illegal to do so? My friends house is about 2-4 miles from the Widdell WMA. its ok the shoot guns there but not at his home on Frenchtown road? Please can a LEO answer these questions?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    From what I understand it is legal to shoot on your property if you have an approrpiate backstop.

From a practical standpoint, if your neighbors can hear, its probably not a good idea.

ChordsBail

Glock and BHP nuff said
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    You cannot shoot their, I grew up out their I should Know now if its a .22 at the end of frenchtown deep in the woods then yes you can, in fact, I still hunt and shoot somewhat in that area check google earth and see for yourself where a good spot of woods are!! and the law is 500ft. from a house in residential even in the boonies and none in city limits! Hope that helps

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Is it 500ft or 300ft? I'm really not sure I've never read the law and couldn't cite it but I was always told 300ft minimum from neighboring houses.

ChordsBail

Glock and BHP nuff said
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    its 500, atleast it was a couple of years ago. There are spots to shoot at the end of frenchtown, like I said google earth it and look for the woods at the end that go all the way to Florida Blvd. this is a ways past the tressels and you would have to go through someones yard (trespassing) to get out their but alot of woods are not posted in that area ,hell the Comite river runs along frenchtown and there are tons of beaches and woods over their too its the neighborhood across from Jor Jeas or however you spell it it would be on you right hand side coming from grenwell springs, if you live out there you know where the Comite river is....as long as you a:Don't Trsspass b:shoot within whatever the ft. is now i think its still 500 c: Do not shoot on posted land "tresspassing and probably loose your gun". Know your laws and abide by them, but when your in the middle of no owned woods you can shoot !!Hell I see hunters all the time during deer and turkey season parked right off the interstate, because it is no ones personal land. http://www.legis.state.la.us/ on the left hand side towards the bottom its says Louisiana Laws look any question you have up!! btw wear orange in the woods even if it isn't hunting season, you never know who else might be shooting!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom