help with my rear sight!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i'm not sure if this is how the sight is suppose to sit. It just looks off to me. I just bought the gun today for my wife.

i'm posting two pics and it looks like the sight is too much to the left. I mean i just don't know if thats how it comes or not. Also is there a way to adjust or add night sights to these Sigma pistols? It all looks fixed to me. Thanks for any help or info.

Eric

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    is that a new pistol? if so, it is definitely off to the left. you will be able to tell for sure once you shoot the pistol. is she going to be able to pull that sigma trigger? the sites should be adjustable from left to right at least. a generic site pusher should solve your problem. if it is sited in with that rear site that far to the left it may be a problem hanging up on anything while drawing the pistol.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i fixed it. i got a piece of wood and a hammer and tapped it even. No its not new i bought it from someone on this board. yes its for the wife. the trigger isn't too bad for her and if it becomes a problem then i'll get a lighter trigger.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    A Taurus with a trigger job?

untitled11.jpg

L

Louisiana Shooter

The worst thing about the Sigmas is that many have horrible triggers. Smith and Wesson have been insisting that anything at 14 pounds or less is within spec. Maybe a person who shot the pistol before you bought it moved the sight over to the left to compensate for pullig their shots off to the right.

One of the best fixes that I have found for stiff triggers is hand excersizes and dry fire practice to develop a smooth stroke. Once one developes hand strength and a smooth trigger stroke, they have no more issues when their next gun comes with a stiff trigger.

In other words, you only have to fix your hand once, and it's a cheap fix. If you start fixing triggers instead, it'll be more expensive and you'll have to do it util you stop buying guns.

Triggers on rifles and target pistols are a different story. I can't shoot a rifle with a bad trigger no matter how hard I try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom