Need a little help...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlownAMC

L33t NeWbi3!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Baton Rouge, La
    Ok i really want a christmas present for myself. I want a baby glock, i have wanted one for a long time but age has restricted that, from a legal stand point. I went to Cabela's to look around (Gonzales, La) but did not really find anything. I guess rather i don't know what to look for, yet. Before i start doing research on the one that i want, i was hoping you guys could give me some points to look out for, for a good quality handgun. As well as a way to get a concealed weapons permit, i want to keep it in my car.

Any pointers would be helpful, thanks.
    - Jeremy.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    If you want a Glock, you've done all the research you need to do buddy. Just decide what caliber you want and go buy it! I have a 26 (9mm), the 27's are just as nice (40cal).

To keep it in your car you dont need a concealed permit. If you conceal it upon your person in the car, you do.

BlownAMC

L33t NeWbi3!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Baton Rouge, La
    yeh i just didn't know if there were differences among manufacturers, materials used, like if there was a better manufacturer to buy it from than another. I also want to go to a respectable place to get it. Maybe in Gonzales, or Baton Rouge.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Ok, if you want to keep it in your car you don't need to get a 'baby' glock (Like the 26)

You can go up a size or 2 (like the 19)

If you are buying a Glock, you are buying a Glock.

-I have a 19 and 26 if you want to try them both out at some point.

Post the price here before you buy.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    To keep it in your car you dont need a concealed permit. If you conceal it upon your person in the car, you do.

You may be right, but as I understand it a persons car is an extension of their home and as a result if a person is carrying in their car they can conceal a firearm on their person as they can in their home.

Am I wrong?

I know that stepping out of a car while concealing, without permit where needed, is against the law...

Top Bottom