St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Not to mention they removed all the steele plates....or so I hear

Yep, some idiot shot up the plates with a .223 and ruined it for everybody.

As far as it being opened to the public more, it would be nice, but it is a training range.
    Last year the departments that were using the range that I know of, were IPSO, Abbeville P.D., Saint Martin S.O., Lafayette P.D., Baldwin P.D., the La. National Guard, the Marine Res. Detachment based in Lafayette, La. State Probation & Parole. Some of these may be unoffical. These are just the Departments that I've seen there on different Saturdays.

If yall go to the St. Mary range post your thoughts on it and give us some info on it.

Art

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I hear ya.
    I haven't shot since last July I think. Ackal had just taken office the last time I went to the range. I had just bought and set up my first AR. I might have 200 rounds through it. :rolleyes:
    Oh well, life goes on.

Art

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Heres the info I got from St. Mary sheriff....

We are basically open from 9am to 4pm every day there are exceptions and will generally notify our dispatcher in Franklin of changes. You can call 337-828-1960 and ask the day you want to go. When you get there you will be given safety rules and other general directions. No automatic weapons etc. Range officer is Troy Brown. We are in process of adding a skeet range by mid summer. No charge for use of range now so go enjoy.

David Naquin, Sheriff

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    I work 7&7 offshore,last week was the first time I went just to look around.The man that looks over it seems pretty nice,but I did see him chew some people out,lol.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You missed a good day. Weather was great. The wind was blowing pretty good at 1 but it calmed down later on. I got a lot of stuff done today. Ran rounds through 5 guns. Sighted 2 in. Checked some ammo on another. Chronoed some pistol loads so now I KNOW I will me good for the Mississippi Classic next month. All in all a GREAT day at the range.

PS. Some of the steel was back up. I did not have time and never made it to the pistol side but I did see some hanging plates when I went sign up. One of the RO's said they are trying to get it all back and even there is some talk about extending the range hours/days.

Last edited:

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Sound good. Looks like I might be out there next Wednesday. I belive Im gonna go try out the St Mary one so I don't have the weekend crowd that is usually at IPSO on Saturday.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    I try and get to the St. Mary Range once a week. (I'm the fella in the heavy blue coat). The rifle line is about 5 to 6 lanes across, covered, and goes out to the 150yds. I think I was the only one to sign in last Saturday. Brown is a nice guy. They were just given a nice size monetary donation so I would think improvements are forthcoming.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom