MBUS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thisislife

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think there is a section for sights so I figured I would post this in rifles. I just ordered a few sets of MBUS and am wondering how they function. Just a quick lowdown on them. I have yet to hear anything bad on them but more info can never hurt.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    only concerns I have heard are the possibly of melting them if mounted to the gas block. Magpul makes great products and I am sure they have been through high intensity testing with them.

thisislife

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks

Yeah i figure they will be quality since Magpul popped them out. I didn't really think about the whole melting thing. Thanks for the input.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    They are designed to be rail mounted only.
    I need a rear FDE MBUS but as soon as someone posts on anyother site "hey XXXX has Mbus in stock" they are sold out in minutes.

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    They are designed to be rail mounted only.
    I need a rear FDE MBUS but as soon as someone posts on anyother site "hey XXXX has Mbus in stock" they are sold out in minutes.

DSG had them in stock for a little over a day. I knew I should have pulled the trigger. The black rear at Bravo only lasted a few hours.

rgswamp

EBR guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    I was able to pick up a rear sight at the Belmont show Saturday. Price was $70. I put it on a Colt when I got home. Nice fit, locks up tight. Sure beats the price of the Troy's etc. I'm sure it's gonna work fine, as a backup to my Eotech. I should have bought a couple more though.

hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Palmetto state armory has both front and rear in stock. The only thing I have seen on ARFCOM about these is that some of them had the smaller hole set off to the side slightly, obviously making the site worthless. Just check closely. Heard mostly good about them though.

Top Bottom