C&Rs at the Kenner Gun Show 6/17-18/2017

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    It has been many years since I've done this. I've got a table at the Kenner Gun Show to start to sell off my collection and have loaded the van up with:
    A dozen or so M1 Garands ($800 - 1200), and sealed cans of M2 .30-06 ammo, enblocs, bandoliers;
    Eddystone and Winchester Model 1917s;
    M96, M96-38 and M38 Swedish Mausers;
    Finnish Mosin Nagants: M1891 Westinghouse, M27 Tikka, M28-30 Sako, VKT M39;
    Smith & Wesson Victory, and original nickel M28 Highway Patrolman.
    Pre-estate sale ;) - Tell your family you want to add to your collection for Fathers Day.

Stop by and chat, even if you don't buy anything. I enjoy talking about old guns.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I had hoped to make it down there to see what you brought out of the closet :), but looks like I won't make it. Let us know how you make out.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I visited with Trailboss for a few minutes. Lots of really nice firearms with good prices. Prices he had on them should move them all.

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    I had a good time visiting and met a couple bayoushooter members while looking. Garand deal too good to pass up on fathers day, Thanks Trailboss.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Where was your booth located? I don't see how I could have missed it.

It was an 8-foot table jammed with about 20 old Garands and bolt actions. Seeing the old curmudgeon behind the table, you probably turned away, hugged your loved ones closer and hurried down the aisle.:eek4::run:

A lot of folks, some ID'd themselves as BS'ers, did stop and I really enjoyed chatting with them. I did sell some guns, a couple to new shooters who wanted to get into collecting and shooting guns with history behind them. I did even swaps for 2 handguns and traded a M1917 Enfield that I can't shoot for an Inland M1 Carbine that I can shoot. The most fun was talking to shooters and collectors.

One father/son were wanting to buy a '03-A3 Springfield and mount a scope on it for hunting, and asked me what I thought about it - I told them if they wanted to take a $800 rifle and spend $300 turning it into a $200 rifle, it's his money but I suggested buying something cheaper to start. I think I saw him later buying a M44 Mosin Nagant.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    It was an 8-foot table jammed with about 20 old Garands and bolt actions. Seeing the old curmudgeon behind the table, you probably turned away, hugged your loved ones closer and hurried down the aisle.:eek4::run:

A lot of folks, some ID'd themselves as BS'ers, did stop and I really enjoyed chatting with them. I did sell some guns, a couple to new shooters who wanted to get into collecting and shooting guns with history behind them. I did even swaps for 2 handguns and traded a M1917 Enfield that I can't shoot for an Inland M1 Carbine that I can shoot. The most fun was talking to shooters and collectors.

One father/son were wanting to buy a '03-A3 Springfield and mount a scope on it for hunting, and asked me what I thought about it - I told them if they wanted to take a $800 rifle and spend $300 turning it into a $200 rifle, it's his money but I suggested buying something cheaper to start. I think I saw him later buying a M44 Mosin Nagant.
    I'll admit, I was looking for ak stuff which was almost non existent

dragnov18

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2017
    Alexandria Louisiana
    You should definitely do a booth at the Alexandria gun show in August. I have been dying to get a Garand and sadly the last few shows we have had in Alexandria have been sorely lacking in the surplus market. Pretty much all new stuff there like AKs and ARs. I know one of my buddies I work with is also in the market for a Garand. So just letting you know you could sell quite a few of them up here if you decide to come.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    You should definitely do a booth at the Alexandria gun show in August. I have been dying to get a Garand and sadly the last few shows we have had in Alexandria have been sorely lacking in the surplus market. Pretty much all new stuff there like AKs and ARs. I know one of my buddies I work with is also in the market for a Garand. So just letting you know you could sell quite a few of them up here if you decide to come.

Alexandria you say?
    Very interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom