Prairieville Wal Mart - New policy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Excuse me if this was posted already.

Walked into wal mart on and made my usual swing by the ammo counter where no one is ever behind the counter and saw a sign...

The sign read something like this- In order to best serve ALL of our Wal Mart customers we are now limiting the purchase of ammunition to 6 per customer. Thanks.

It likely said this - Yo blood, you keep buyin up all da ammo and I can't keep t his damn shelf stocked so you can only buy 6.

New Policy? I know others have said other wal marts have had similar policies when buying but this is new to me. NOTHING wal mart does ever surprises me.

philup

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    denhamsprings
    samething in denham ps i didnt tell yall this but basspro got a shipment of ammo in last night should be on shelves tonight or tommorow but my source didnt know what cal. came in

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Excuse me if this was posted already.

Walked into wal mart on and made my usual swing by the ammo counter where no one is ever behind the counter and saw a sign...

The sign read something like this- In order to best serve ALL of our Wal Mart customers we are now limiting the purchase of ammunition to 6 per customer. Thanks.

It likely said this - Yo blood, you keep buyin up all da ammo and I can't keep t his damn shelf stocked so you can only buy 6.

New Policy? I know others have said other wal marts have had similar policies when buying but this is new to me. NOTHING wal mart does ever surprises me.

If it means that I can buy 6 boxes every time I go, then good, but they haven't been getting in hardly anything lately

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Every Sun morning while the wife and I do our grocery shopping I talk to the same guy at the ammo counter. For the past 5 wks he has a case of blazer brass and several boxes of the value pack of Whinchester 00 buckshot for me. I have visited him every wknd since June :). He says since I'm such a good customer he waits till after 9am to see if I show up. He usually has 1-2k rnds of WWB. My cheap ass just buys the BB.

Last edited:

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    At the prairieville wal mart you first have to locate someone who (a) is old enough to sell ammo (b) someone who has the key. Buying ammo typically takes up to 20 min sometimes. WTF? Anyhow the funny thing was this sign was sitting taped to the counters of almost empty shelves.

I think someone told a story in another thread about Wal Mart getting pissed that folks were buying it then re selling it at gun shows. I guess, that's free market but it pisses me off that there is a market if for such things (i.e. the e-mail scares etc.) that are pushing prices and demand up.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    20 minutes on a good day. :(

Heh, I know of 1 member here who doesnt wait. if he walks up to the ammo counter, and there is nobody there, he picks up the phone, and presses the page button, and says "customer needs assitance in sporting goods" a couple times. He said they usually fuss about him using the phone, but replies that if they were in their area he wouldnt have to :rofl:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    "6 boxes?"
    "OK, I want 6 of the 1000 round brown boxes that the little white boxes come in."

Top Bottom