Tactics question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Everyone knows the rule of using a pistol to get a shotgun to get a rifle, right? So where does a subgun fit in?

My question is: would you pick up a pistol caliber subgun instead of a shotgun if you had a choice?

Also, along the same lines, does anyone make a semiauto subgun in 7.62 x 25?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    In a defensive posture I would want the Shotgun; but if I am going on the move and taking the fight to them I would go with a subgun.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Everyone knows the rule of using a pistol to get a shotgun to get a rifle, right?

Nope. Sounds like some really cool line misquoted by some really cool guy that's taken on a life of its own and really makes no sense.:rofl:

You fight the fight you have, to the best of your ability, applying pressure to the bad guy, to the best of your ability, until the bad guy are no longer applying pressure to you.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I thought it was Jeff Cooper without the shotgun part. The late Jeff Cooper may have been quoting someone else. Not like it matters. When I have my own personal SHTF neither one is coming to help me. Of course I could pay & attend their training & have been proactive.

The subgun offer a lot of rounds quickly on tap if the mags are there.

Greast Gun - they were used in WW2

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Huh a submachinegun? Like fully automatic? Is that what we're talking about? Otherwise we're talking about a handgun caliber semi auto weapon right? How would that be more effective than a handgun?

Dave

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Huh a submachinegun? Like fully automatic? Is that what we're talking about? Otherwise we're talking about a handgun caliber semi auto weapon right? How would that be more effective than a handgun?

Dave

I assume he means semi-auto. Advantages? Higher capacity. Easier to aim/shoot/followup than a handgun. Longer barrel = higher velocity = more accurate/powerful = more awesome.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    You may consider reading "To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth" by Jeff Cooper. He outlines "the role of the five". Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Carbine, and sub-gun.

If you are a fan of the AR or AK, his views of such are not shared by all. Lots of good info in that book that can be applied to today.

I do believe there are semi-auto versions of the 7.62x25...

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_19&products_id=132

And...

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_16&products_id=133

Top Bottom