Umbrella = New Remington shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Sheeple.:biglaugh:

Mall Of The Bluffs Evacuation A False Alarm

Report of a man with a shotgun turned out to be an umbrella

The Mall of the Bluffs in Council Bluffs was evacuated Tuesday afternoon after reports of a man with a gun. Authorities say it turned out to be a long, black umbrella being carried over his shoulder.

Tactical response teams from across the metro rushed to the mall armed with assault rifles. Customers and employees were evacuated around 1 p.m. Nearby Abraham Lincoln and St. Albert high schools were placed on lockdown.

"We got a report of a man inside the Mall of the Bluffs, of a man with a gun,” said Council Bluffs Police Sgt. Ray Mabbit. “We actually got several calls on it.” The calls came from people inside the mall.

Stephanie Keyser was one of them. "A cop comes around the corner screaming for us to lock the doors and get back.”

Within moments police evacuated the mall, cordoned it off with crime scene tape and started a search for the alleged gunman. They also focused on finding those hiding inside, like Ryan Plazter.

"I immediately thought gun, too. I was kind of scared, but I knew I would be in the back of that store."

Platzer was shopping when a store manager came running up to him in a panic. “He came out and said lock the gates and move everything inside and get everyone to the back of the store and we saw a couple of cops running by real fast towards the back of the mall.”

"I was scared,” said Paige Gallo. “You never think (of) this going down at Council Bluffs mall. I was scared, but if it happened at Westroads it can happen anywhere."

One man who knows that all too well is the Westroads Mall manager Jim Sadler. He heard about this incident and rushed over. "It was a little scary. I said more than one prayer coming over. I knew that the situation was well at hand and just wanted to get here as quickly as I could."

Police located the man who allegedly had the weapon at the Skeeter Barnes restaurant. Police say he was apologetic and embarrassed.

"He was not aware of what was going on and confused about all the commotion,” said Sgt. Mabbitt.

The umbrella in question.
    051209umbrella.jpg
    http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/44802227.html#

:)

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just goes to show you, your average gun hater isn't concerned with the substantive, just the "terrifying" image of a black gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom