.223/5.56 Brass

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    For sale 1000+ pieces of spent, once fired LC 08 brass
    75-pieces = 1lb
    13.3lbs= 1000 pieces.

in the box is approx 13.5lbs
    the brass was tumbled only

prefer FTF in New Orleans area, shipping will be additional

$100

DSCN1985.jpg

Last edited:

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Nope, proves that they have not been reloaded. The above don't want to deal with the additional step of removing the crimp.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The crimps on the Lake City aren't too bad compared to some.

Dan Zelenka has told me of 1 of his fellow HP shooters that just deprimes and reprimes without doing anything about the crimp. The occasional lost primer is easier & cheaper to deal with than the crimp.

I tried it and the LC is no problem. Doesn't work with Monarch/Privi brass. You can remove the crimp with a case deburring tool. There are other thngs that work depending on if you get the technique down.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    The crimps on the Lake City aren't too bad compared to some.

Dan Zelenka has told me of 1 of his fellow HP shooters that just deprimes and reprimes without doing anything about the crimp. The occasional lost primer is easier & cheaper to deal with than the crimp.

I tried it and the LC is no problem. Doesn't work with Monarch/Privi brass. You can remove the crimp with a case deburring tool. There are other thngs that work depending on if you get the technique down.

There's numerous ways to remove the crimp. Some people do it with a pocket knife; I ended up buying the Dillon Super Swage 600, but like Dan, I've found that a lot of LC brass simply didn't need to be swaged at all. The Dillon swager is so easy to use I do it anyway. I do separate LC brass by year. And a .223 case gauge is a must with once-fired military brass, IMHO. I've found a lot of rims out-of-round on LC brass (type of weapon used, run over, I don't know?). But a case gauge will guarantee you get a spec'ed round, and it takes microseconds to check.

Having all 09' is a plus. Having it tumble is even nicer. The stuff is usually filthy.

Oh, if Mike falls through, I'll take it. :)

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    And a .223 case gauge is a must with once-fired military brass, IMHO. I've found a lot of rims out-of-round on LC brass (type of weapon used, run over, I don't know?). But a case gauge will guarantee you get a spec'ed round, and it takes microseconds to check.

This is usually due to MG rounds, they really do a number on brass, you might want to check the entire brass real close they do sometimes tear the case head as well.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom