Glock 34 ?'s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    Well Golden Dragon and another guy has been after me for quite some time to go shooting out in amite. I have been wanting to make it out there, but work schedule and family I havent got the chance YET. Well today I picked up a 34 and want to add some goodies to it so when I make it out I'll be ready. Any acc that yall reccomend. I haven't read the rules yet on what I can and cannot have, But I am thinking about sites, magwell so far. Also I need a belt, mag pouches and a holster.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    You talking about these? http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=29C0000-1094681113

I'm not to sure of the all black? I am used to shooting trijicon, but want something different! You got a set I can check out?

Actually, I did not know they made a rear with the tritium on it. I will be ordering that for my carry G19. After trying out the all black, I love them. You are welcome to try mine out if you come out to HI.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    The dawson sight set with the adjustable rear and thin fiber optic frt works really well. the magwell is a no no in production as well as any plug behind the magwell. However any internal trigger and reliability mods is ok.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The dawson sight set with the adjustable rear and thin fiber optic frt works really well. the magwell is a no no in production as well as any plug behind the magwell. However any internal trigger and reliability mods is ok.

I think a FO front sight with a black rear sight and a better trigger will improve your G34 for competition.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

actually the plugs are legal now, as are aftermarket extended mag releases as long as the surface area is the same... they updated the rules, im gonna try to find a link

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    What trigger mods are legal..can you install a glock works or similar drop in unit?

its my understanding that the glockworx "standard" trigger is legal for uspsa production and idpa ssp.

i was advised by someone at glockworx who i speak with on a regular basis (well before i bought anything of theirs) that the standard trigger was deemed GTG by John Amidon. I am tryign to get something in writing stating such before gator.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have "been told" the standard Glockworx or Vanek is good to go. Nothing in writing.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Hell, no tricks or gadgets needed for IDPA, just safe fun, come out with your stock Glock, a holster, 3 mags and a double pouch, I shot that way for over a year, IDPA is to simulate concealed cover with a stock gun anyway, IPSC is a little more race savy, but I still shoot that with a stock production gun, now no excuses, I will even pay your entry fee for your first match, and we both live in Covington, ride also included, now all you have to do is battle the family for time/schedule!!! Send me PM

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hell, no tricks or gadgets needed for IDPA, just safe fun, come out with your stock Glock, a holster, 3 mags and a double pouch, I shot that way for over a year, IDPA is to simulate concealed cover with a stock gun anyway, IPSC is a little more race savy, but I still shoot that with a stock production gun, now no excuses, I will even pay your entry fee for your first match, and we both live in Covington, ride also included, now all you have to do is battle the family for time/schedule!!! Send me PM

first hit's free, huh mike :rofl:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I got all my "gear ready" months ago and still haven't made it out there! I'd really like to make a match soon. Same family issues though...

BTW I have the Dawson fiber optic red front/green rear setup on my XDm and absolutely love them. If the chance should ever arise, you're more than welcome to try them out.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    SPanky are you coming to play with the boys, side match may duplicate one of stages from the Steel City shoot, it will be great and an indivdual event, not team, ought to be very interesting

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    its my understanding that the glockworx "standard" trigger is legal for uspsa production and idpa ssp.

i was advised by someone at glockworx who i speak with on a regular basis (well before i bought anything of theirs) that the standard trigger was deemed GTG by John Amidon. I am tryign to get something in writing stating such before gator.

Actually, John Amidon's opinion is not the deciding factor until accepted and published in Front Sight magazine. The BOD has recently clarified the rules regarding trigger work. Basically, as long as there are no external (and that's the key word) changes from stock, it's GTG. No relocation of the trigger pin or external trigger parts that look non-OEM.

The NROI links can be found here:

http://www.nroi.org/articles.html

You'll need your USPSA log-in to access the NROI Interpretation for the Production Division Equipment Rules (Appendix D4) or I can e-mail you the PDF...it's 80k and I can't attach here, unfortunately.

Plugs have been OK for a while, as long as they don't add weight (limit is 0.5 oz) or stick out/in more than .1 of an inch from the bottom of the grip.

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Here's the applicable info affecting trigger parts for Glocks (or others) from D4:

"21.6 Exchange of minor components
    (springs, safeties, slide stops, guide
    rods)
    3/09 INTERPRETATION - INTERNAL parts: This clause is
    NOW interpreted to mean that a broad range of INTERNAL
    parts may be modified or replaced – either with OEM or
    aftermarket parts.
    Special Notes/Clarifications:
    - Springs, strikers, sears, connector/disconnectors, and any
    other part which is NOT visible when the gun is in battery is
    considered an INTERNAL part and may be modified or
    replaced unless otherwise prohibited in these provisions (see
    section 22 for specific prohibitions)."

Another clause mandates that all safeties as designed by the manufacturer must still work after the changes.

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    For USPSA Production, a Vanek trigger (or similar product), grip tape like TruGrip, a set of good sights with a fiber optic front and you have the standard mod package that most run in their G34s, FWIW. Works great in mine and is a relatively modest investment. I like the Dawson adjustable rear to dial in the POI.

Last edited:

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)

Thanks man for the kind offer!! And thanks to everyone else for the help sofar.

Any particular mag pouches yall reccomend? I have an old uncle mikes from when i was with the SO, I just need to get a holster to fit the 34, I have a few for the g22 but I dont think they will work

Top Bottom