**GONE** Remington 700P LTR 308 (Light Tactical Rifle)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    **GONE**

Model 700 Police, LTR .308
    I bought it 2nd hand about a month ago.
    I have a new Badger Ordnance Picatinny rail mounted on it. (about $150)
    I have Leupold base and rings I will include as well.

$**GONE** FTF in Covington/Mandeville area

Created by Remington to be a more compact package, the Model 700 LTR (Light Tactical Rifle) is bedded in a more streamlined H.S. Precision stock for an increased level of mobility (meaning you can run faster with it if the need arises). The LTR stock is of the same construction, has the same bedding block, and shares the same textured, non-slip/non-reflective surface as that of the 700 P, but features a slimmer and shorter forend and a more slender palm swell

Model 700P LTR (Light Tactical Rifle), chambered for .308 Win., .223 Rem., and .300 Rem. SA Ultra Mag.; features a slimmed down stock to improve portability and reduce weight. The flutes in the 20" LTR not only assist in weight reduction and heat dissipation, but are engineered to enhance barrel rigidity for pinpoint accuracy.
    Like its big brother, the LTR stock is laid up around an aircraft-grade aluminum bedding block that runs up the entire length of the receiver. It has a textured, black, non-reflective finish and comes with sling swivel studs.

Last edited:

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Borescoping a .308? I highly doubt that gun is old enough to be shot out using a 2800fps round unless it was shooting steel bullets. You are talking about 2000 plus standard rounds. People sometimes forget its not the amt of shooting as much as the amt of overheated shooting the barrel has sustained, and a barrel that heavy on a .308 ... nah, its a safe buy.

Sorry not trying to hijak just some FYI to any would be buyer.

R U sure its an LTR Police?

Last edited:

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Borescoping a .308? I highly doubt that gun is old enough to be shot out using a 2800fps round unless it was shooting steel bullets. You are talking about 2000 plus standard rounds. People sometimes forget its not the amt of shooting as much as the amt of overheated shooting the barrel has sustained, and a barrel that heavy on a .308 ... nah, its a safe buy.

Sorry not trying to hijak just some FYI to any would be buyer.

R U sure its an LTR Police?

+1, something doesn't look right about it...it's still a nice rifle, though.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Stock is wrong for an LTR, missing 2nd sling lug and fat forend, and the Nitrite coating suggest XCR but the fluting says TWS,.... SPST MAYBE?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Possibly an HK pistol in 9mm or 45ACP
    AR15/AR10 uppers, or complete rifles
    Glock 9mm pistols
    Ruger 10/22
    22 revolver
    9mm revolver
    Keltec P3AT
    maybe an aimpoint
    I would be open to other stuff as well.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom