1911 22lr pistol's...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Seems to be quite a few different ones on the market...GSG, Browning, etc. Any thoughts or experience with these? Any one brand better than the next? They look like a fun plinker and seemed to be fairly inexpensive. What say you?

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    From the reading Ive done the RIA, Puma, Chiappa are about the same level of junk.
    The Browning is scaled down a bit so you lose the fullsize 1911 feel.
    The GSG, Sig, Colt, Umarex are on equal footing and are worth the price of admission for a fun little toy.
    Then you get to the origional Colt Ace if you got the coin.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    the GSG is good for a gun in the $300 range. i think they've worked out the issues that they had early one, changes include the metal selection for the bushing, the followers for the mags, and the guide rod, and possibly a few more but i don't know about it off the top of my head. It does have plastic sights, but they work, glocks have plastic sights too and i don't see too many people b*tch about that. this is a toy and they had to save money where possible, especially since they give you 3 different front sights. reliability is good, just keep it relatively clean and you shouldn't have a problem. accuracy is also good as well.

best part is, the end of the barrel is threaded, and you can put on an adapter and shoot it suppressed. that's when it's really fun. it makes a great suppressor host.

Last edited:

Death Valley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have a GSG and i can't tell you how much i love this gun. Get one you won't be sorry it's a fun fun gun to shoot. I have had no problems at all with mine.

JD1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    amite river
    I got the Umarex/Colt/Walther rail gun a few months ago and absolutely love it. I've read that the GSG and Sig are identicle and all made by GSG, but the GSG is allot cheaper to buy. I've shot CCI and Winchester 555 bulk out of mine(400 to 500 rounds) and no hiccups yet. I got the 12 round magazine and plan to get 2 more mags if I can find them. Everyone on the web list them, but their all out of stock! Umarex has them, but want $40 apiece, and dealers were selling them for $28 to $32ish. I put an Olight M-21 warrior light on the rail and it has become my new HD weapon of choice. Easy to stay on target for multiple rounds!!! :) The only other thing I can remember about the GSG and the Sig was that they didn't stay open after the last round, where the Umarex/Colt/Walther does. All in all, their probably all nice guns, but the rail, 12 shot magazine, and slide open when empty helped sell me on the Umarex/Colt.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I have the ruger sr22 n love it, but it's my gf weapon of choice when we shoot. I was looking at picking the gsg 1911 up just to have something to customize and play around with.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    i have the GSG 1911-22, it's a great gun. it has a full size grip and feel to it, but it is significantly lighter than a 1911 in 45acp, but they did try to add weight to it as the mags are heavier than expected. i think 80% of the parts are replaceable with 1911 parts. i know i replaced the thumb safety, grips, mainspring housing and beaver tail. shoot HIGH VELOCITY ammo through it. the only issues i've had with it were w/ Standard Velocity ammo (even using CCI Standard Velocity and it being clean). High velocity ammo will still be subsonic out of it but will be A LOT more reliable.

Top Bottom