"Righteous Kill"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So the other night I'm flipping through the movie channels & I see Righteous Kill is about to start, and I tune in. I usually like De Niro movies, but being a "gun guy", I was shocked at how little attention to detail was employed in scenes involving weapons. The most glaring example was how they added a loud "CLICK" (cocking sound) every time one of the characters pointed his Glock at another. This sound was used so often I actually found myself laughing at times- and this was NOT a comedy....
    Isn't it funny that the kooks in Hollywood who are famous for pushing more gun control always seem to confirm in their movies just how little they know about reality? If any fellow "Glocksters" get a chance, check out "Righteous Kill"- it's worth it for the laugh factor alone....

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    The wife and I have been laughing at that noise for awhile. Any TV show or a movie when a gun is pulled out it goes click. We laughed that my G19 must be broken because it doesn't go click like the ones on TV.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    just bought it. haven't watched it. That type of stuff drives me batshit.

Me too.

Heres another one. They have the weapon pointed at someone but the hammer is never cocked........... until they need to reinforce their threat too shoot you, then they **** it. lol

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Me too.

Heres another one. They have the weapon pointed at someone but the hammer is never cocked........... until they need to reinforce their threat too shoot you, then they **** it. lol

:rofl::rofl:Yep!!! How many times have you seen actors point a SINGLE ACTION 1911 at someone with their finger on the trigger & the hammer down ????? I wish I had a C note for every time I have- I'd be rich as the devil himself!!

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Haha, here are my 2 favorites.

When someone pulls out a revolver, and you hear "chick-chack" like when you rack the slide on an automatic. Drives me insane.

When someone pulls a gun (usually an automatic), you see them point it at the good guys, and when the gunman gets angry, he racks the slide to show "he means business", yet nothing comes out of the ejection port. Why would he be pointing an unloaded firearm at someone :confused:

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I had to laugh the other night at a show when the bad guy pulls out his glock and then you see him "****" the weapon my sliding his thumb down the back like the weapon has an external hammer........oh yea, they put the cocking sound in there when he did it???????:rofl::rofl:

What a bunch of Jack-A**es.

Or there is the case where Daniel Craig (the new James Bond) said how his blood runs cold every time he has to hold a damn stupid gun, since he cannot stand them.

I guess he likes them enough to collect a paycheck!!

Top Bottom