Criminals carry BUGs too

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Guessing he did b/c his primary got taken away by the homeowner, but was able to shoot homeowner in the shoulder as he ran away.

CLICK FOR VID

Burglar ends up beaten and bloodied

LEHIGH ACRES: A burglar broke into a Lehigh Acres home and he was the one who wound up bloodied and bruised. The homeowners say he picked the wrong couple to mess with!

The victim says the two men barged into the home, fired some gunshots, but left with nothing.

Deputies say the two men broke into the Lehigh home around 1 a.m. Monday. One of them pointed a gun right at the resident's face while he was still in bed.

"[He] screamed at me, 'Don't move! Don't move!' with vulgarities involved - that wasn't happening in my house. He came to the wrong party," said the victim, who wished to remain unidentified.

The victim is a retired special operations officer for the Coast Guard. And his fiancé, who was also in bed, is a former maximum security corrections officer.

With all that training, the two took action.

"We weren't just going to let them rob us, absolutely not. I work too hard for the things I have and people who don't have jobs who make a living off of robbing people - not me," said the victim.

The male victim and one of the suspects got in a fight as they were both trying to get control of the gun.

When the victim and the suspect were fighting in the corner of the bedroom, a shot fired from the gun, went through the wall, through the medicine cabinet, and right into the bathroom mirror.

When that shot was fired, the other suspect ran out of the house.

Meanwhile, the victim's fiancé grabbed their own rifle and turned toward the man that pointed a gun at her husband. She beat him so hard that the rifle broke in two.

Then, the male victim got a hold of the suspect's gun.

"At that point I was going to take his life and he begged for his life, 'I don't want to die, I don't want to die, please don't kill me. Let me go,'" said the victim.

That's when he took the suspect outside and bashed his head into a truck before the he ran away.

While he was running away, he was able to fire two more shots at the house. One went through the door and grazing the male victim's shoulder.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office is still searching for the suspects.

As for the victims, they admit what they did was risky. But because of their law enforcement training, they say they knew how to react.

If you know anything about this crime, you're asked to call the Lee County Sheriff's Office or Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
    http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=31204&z=3

:)

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    But because of their law enforcement training, they say they knew how to react.
    What law enforcement training? He was a Coastie and she a prison guard. Hell, I was a prison guard. It's not law enforcement.

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    What law enforcement training? He was a Coastie and she a prison guard. Hell, I was a prison guard. It's not law enforcement.

LOL, yeah I remember my prison guard days too. It's kinda like being a greeter at wal-mart...all you gotta do is be able to breathe and you got the job.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    :rofl:

I agree on the prison guard...but the Coast Guard does have SWAT type law enforcement guys that do boardings. They even give 'em guns! ;)

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    This does not make sense...

"While he was running away, he was able to fire two more shots at the house. One went through the door and grazing the male victim's shoulder."

This implies that the home owner gave the dude his gun back. Like "Ok here is your gun, dont do this again, now get on home son."

Something is false about this story.

-B

Top Bottom