1987 Colt Series 80 with Wilson Combat work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRStan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Sunset, Louisiana
    I recently acquired a 1987 Colt Government Series 80 with some work done by Wilson Combat. From what I was told it was blueprinted and tuned with Wilson Combat barrel, trigger, hammer, beaver tail and springs. I contacted Wilson Combat and it does show that work was done in 1999 but can’t tell me what was done cause that was before they started keeping track on computers. It’s in really good condition. Just wondering an approximate value on something like that.
    B690D824-0D7B-434D-9247-2D1CBC2FC752.jpeg
    BF47DDAB-F747-4B11-BD18-BFB90B4A0EE6.jpeg

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Tough call there. I'd post this to the 1911Addicts forum ... there's a lot of guys there who live in this space and who can give you a much more educated opinion.

My finger-in-the-wind guess would be $1,500, but I'd defer to the experts.

Mike

Grosbec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    White Castle
    I recently acquired a 1987 Colt Government Series 80 with some work done by Wilson Combat. From what I was told it was blueprinted and tuned with Wilson Combat barrel, trigger, hammer, beaver tail and springs. I contacted Wilson Combat and it does show that work was done in 1999 but can’t tell me what was done cause that was before they started keeping track on computers. It’s in really good condition. Just wondering an approximate value on something like that. View attachment 117218View attachment 117219
    It may depend on the actual model it was originally from Colt. Just looking at the sights and the grips, if those came originally with the gun it may have been a little more expensive model from Colt.

Grosbec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    White Castle
    Also, whoever owned it either didn’t take it apart or they new what they were doing because it does not have what they call the IDIOT SCRATCH on it. That’s usually right below the slide release lever.

Another Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    Mandeville LA
    Just from a cursory look at the exterior, all I can see that has been done to it is the front slide serrations, a hammer, a trigger and a beavertail. The sights are not factory but also not milled into the slide like what Wilson usually would have done as the rear is in the original factory slide cut and the front looks to be swaged in like the factory front. They are not factory sights but also not particularly desirable in today's market. It does have the Wilson engraving and today Wilson does not accept a gun for work if anyone else has worked on it so there's that. The value, as always, will depend on what someone is willing to pay. It is a very nice clean pistol with the Wilson engraving nonetheless. An original box and any paperwork will also enhance the value as well. Again, a very nice pistol.

Top Bottom