Traded.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Traded. OD Glock 17 test fired March 2009 with standard sights and two 17 round magazines. Gun has been test fired with an after market barrel. Gun has not been fired with Original Glock barrel or new OD receiver. ** Barrel and slide are same serial number, New OD receiver has a different serial number.

Traded.

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Here ya go..

attachment.php

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Maybe it's your camera but it looks more like Dark Earth than OD Green ...

Glock did a poor job with it's OD green color matching. I have 2 OD Glocks, they're "not" OD green, More like a puke green. I wish Glock would do some desert tan frames, but they would probably be clay color. :D

Free bump.

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Glock did a poor job with it's OD green color matching. I have 2 OD Glocks, they're "not" OD green, More like a puke green. I wish Glock would do some desert tan frames, but they would probably be clay color. :D

Free bump.

I like the OD green. I bought a OD green G34 a couple weeks ago and I'm like it much better than the black. ;)

Maybe it's because I have too many black Glock's.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Is this possible? I am not a Glock fan but NEVERTHELESS can anyone have too many of any FIREARM regardless of color or furniture??? This is a new concept for me that I just cannot comprehend! ;) I thought all firearms were pretty much like Barbie Dolls! You just change their outfits! :) This is the way I explain it to my wife so she has a way to understand my madness....um passion? ....Obsession? ;) Well either way, its cheaper than a MISTRESS!!!! And that my friends She UNDERSTANDS!!

Last edited:

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    I like the OD green. I bought a OD green G34 a couple weeks ago and I'm like it much better than the black. ;)

Does 8 qualify as too many black ones. If you put an OD green glock side by side with something truly OD green, you'll see the big difference. Glock missed it.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Does 8 qualify as too many black ones. If you put an OD green glock side by side with something truly OD green, you'll see the big difference. Glock missed it.

The Glock, HK, and XD OD greens are all quite different from mil-spec OD green.

It's kind of like saying Dark Earth. I have a few factory Dark Earth rifles of different brands and accessories that go with them and the colors vary significantly.

I guess to each his own. I'd rather have the OD than the black and I own both. I need a desert Tan or Dark Earth too ;)

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    The Glock, HK, and XD OD greens are all quite different from mil-spec OD green.

It's kind of like saying Dark Earth. I have a few factory Dark Earth rifles of different brands and accessories that go with them and the colors vary significantly.

I guess to each his own. I'd rather have the OD than the black and I own both. I need a desert Tan or Dark Earth too ;)

I own 8 black/ 2 OD, have owned about 40 Glocks total. Don't get me wrong, the 2 OD green ones I have are still Glocks and that means a lot, they just aren't that great of an attempt at being OD in color. Glock SUCKS ( at coloring guns OD ) :D And I'm probably one of their top fanatics.
    I just may have to get one of my black ones done in DT... Born4Spd, you paying? :)

Bump, It's still a Glock!

Last edited:

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    I wound up trading James for the OD green G17. I brought my OD G19 along for the ride. Boy were we both surprised. The G17 was Olive Drab green, I was shocked. He was shocked at my OD (Dark Earth) G19.

Only thing we could figure is since the 19 was an older Glock (GKU) maybe it was one of the 1st batch and they kept going till they got the color right? I also have an OD G36 (GLM) and it's just a little closer to OD green than the G19 but still not the color of the G17.

I'll try to get some good photos tomorrow in the sunlight of all 3 Glocks together and post them, hopefully they will come out clear enough to see the drastic difference.

James said he sees why I was so disappointed in my OD G19's color.
    I'm just glad Glock got it right, and i now have an OD green Glock! :D

Thanks James

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom