2 inch Lego Gun gets 4th Grader in Trouble in NY School

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Can you believe this crap, a 4th grader, at lunch, playing with a lego policeman figure holding a less than 2inch plastic gun lands him in hot water with the school, and his father, a retired police officer is outraged. Click on the link below to see a photo of the weapon of mass destruction, NY style, un freaking believable,

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35234742/ns/today-today_people?GT1=43001

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    People like the principal at the school need to be taken out of public service completely. This is a perfect example where the term "no tolerance" spits in the face of common sense.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This is laughable. Political correctness run amuck....Anyone happen to notice the MSNBC poll on this matter? Considering the location & source, it may surprise you:

4.7%
    Yes. The school rules were clear. No toy guns allowed.
    31 votes

95.3%
    No. I think it's ridiculous. The LEGO gun was barely 2 inches in size.
    631 votes

Maybe people really are getting fed up with all the ********......

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Tis the world we live in. Pathetic.

Here's the piece.

image6173680x.jpg

BTW Check out this title from CBS;
    Two-Inch LEGO Gun Gets 4th-Grader Patrick Timoney in Trouble; Where's the NRA?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Of course if things were different & the child had instead annouced his conversion to Islam, the same principal would have likely embraced his enlightened decision & called for him to have his own prayer mat & footwash basin provided at no expense...
    rofl2.gif

Jeez Louise.....

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I once got into some **** for making a paper auto handgun with a working slide.

Teacher told me i should use my abilities for good, and that guns were bad, then i had to go the principles office. lol Ahhh elementary school was fun.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I once brought (snuck it in my book sack because my parents didn't want me to bring it) a dummy grenade to school for show-and-tell in the 2nd grade. I was showing a classmate, and my teacher saw it as I was pulling out the pin. She then snatched it from my hands and sprinted to the office with it. I eventually got the grenade back, but I lost the pin. I think my dad had to talk to our priest about it too.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I once brought (snuck it in my book sack because my parents didn't want me to bring it) a dummy grenade to school for show-and-tell in the 2nd grade. I was showing a classmate, and my teacher saw it as I was pulling out the pin. She then snatched it from my hands and sprinted to the office with it. I eventually got the grenade back, but I lost the pin. I think my dad had to talk to our priest about it too.

:rofl: My, how times have changed.....When I was in grade school I brought to show & tell a spent L.A.W. tube that my parrain brought back to me from Vietnam.....It was a big hit- with the other kids AND the teachers.....I'd hate to see the reaction now.....

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    :rofl: My, how times have changed.....When I was in grade school I brought to show & tell a spent L.A.W. tube that my parrain brought back to me from Vietnam.....It was a big hit- with the other kids AND the teachers.....I'd hate to see the reaction now.....

If a kid did that (LAW or dummy grenade) today, he'd be in counseling, and his parents would be charged with something.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If a kid did that (LAW or dummy grenade) today, he'd be in counseling, and his parents would be charged with something.

Oh, no doubt. Hell- the parents might even lose custody while the investigation was ongoing.....:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Can you believe this crap, a 4th grader, at lunch, playing with a lego policeman figure holding a less than 2inch plastic gun lands him in hot water with the school, and his father, a retired police officer is outraged. Click on the link below to see a photo of the weapon of mass destruction, NY style, un freaking believable,

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35234742/ns/today-today_people?GT1=43001

If we don't crack down on these little heathens now, who knows how many Lego policemen will be killing Lege criminals in the school yards all across America!!! We MUST ensure fair treatment of and fair trials for these unfortunate little people criminals.

Top Bottom