2007 bowtech guardian, need opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I just bought a 2007 bowtech guardian as my first compound bow. Dw 70# and dl 28 or 29. I got it second hand and the previous owner took good care of it. It didn't come with a site so I took one from a friends bow. So far I like it a lot, I just need to reduce the draw weight bc it's too much to begin with for me. I think I may do 60-65. Give me your comments on it. Or tips on how to sight it in. Thanks for your time

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Great bow! You can go out 1 turn at a time till you are comfortable or bring it to Spillway Sportsman and they will prolly do it for free.

call them- 225-749-3680

3rdBn6thS1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Small Town in Delaware
    great advice from jman1911, take it to an archery shop, let them show you how to back it off some. The can also show you how to sight it in and inspect the string for you. Trust me if you go 1/4 turn too far it can get real ugly for you. It is a great bow you will love it.....let us know how it works out for you

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Thanks for the tips guys. The sight that I put on it from another bow is way off. So I think I'm gonna take it to either Bowles or bass pro and have them do it for me. Right now the draw length is too long and the weight is high. Also I need to get the peep sight aligned with the kiss button. And I need to get more arrows, an arm guard, and a stabilizer. I'll keep y'all updated. All of these terms and things I've learned within the past couple of weeks. So far I'm kinda hooked but I need to get setup so I learn to love to shoot the bow

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Thanks for the tips guys. The sight that I put on it from another bow is way off. So I think I'm gonna take it to either Bowles or bass pro and have them do it for me. Right now the draw length is too long and the weight is high. Also I need to get the peep sight aligned with the kiss button. And I need to get more arrows, an arm guard, and a stabilizer. I'll keep y'all updated. All of these terms and things I've learned within the past couple of weeks. So far I'm kinda hooked but I need to get setup so I learn to love to shoot the bow

Sights are easy to dial in....I can help u with that. As far as draw length goes measure from birdy finger to birdy finger with your arms out like ur making a T and take that measurement and divide it by 2 1/2 and thats ur DL. you will have to go to A-1 archery or spillway sportsman for draw lenght modules as they are the only Bowtech dealers around here. 20.00 for modules. As far as arrows goes.......go for a .300 spine Gold tip Velocity hunter.....they are a good mid weight arrow and will be plenty quick for deer....

Pm me if you have any ?'s and i'll be glad to help as i am in the bow scene all the time.

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Thanks man. One question, would you recommend a one or three pin sight? I have a 3 pin but I was reading reviews and crap and the one pin can be adjusted into the needed distance

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Thanks man. One question, would you recommend a one or three pin sight? I have a 3 pin but I was reading reviews and crap and the one pin can be adjusted into the needed distance

I thought i had to have a 1 pin sight so i swapped my Sword 3rd axis sight for a HHA ol-5519 and i shot ok with it but the idea of having to adjust my sight as a deer or hog is approaching really turned me off so i swapped my sight for a Copper John dead nuts 3 pin. It also depends how far you would like to shoot. U may want 5 pins. It's all personal opinion as i have talked to people that cant shoot anything but 1 pin or vise versa. I like having fixed pins at designated yardages. Just me though. I hope this has helped you.

Tru glo makes some great sights for the money!

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    thanks again. I went to bowie's this past wednesday and got the weight down to 60, new d loop (shorter), sight adjusted at 20 yds, peephole adjusted, bought a whisker biscuit, got 6 beman arrows cut to the lenght and inserted. When i was sighting it in i was hitting an 8" target. I was impressed with how accurate i was shooting (my first bow). The guys at bowie's were really helpful, patient, knowledgeable, and cordial. I had a great experience there, will be going next time i need anything. Now i just have to practice, practice, practice. Ohh and sight it at 30 and 40. :D

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Go to Waddill wma off of flannery.....Best 3-d target in baton rouge.....and its free! Lemme know if you cant find it....Pm me and we can talk! Glad you were able to get shooting!!

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    so far everyone that has seen me shoot it says "dang thats quiet, what you got there?" Im really really really happy with it. Just got all my pins sighted at 20,30 and 40. im hitting pretty good but im gonna keep shooting.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    so far everyone that has seen me shoot it says "dang thats quiet, what you got there?" Im really really really happy with it. Just got all my pins sighted at 20,30 and 40. im hitting pretty good but im gonna keep shooting.

Keep it up bro! Sitting in the ground blind with the bow as I type this... avoyelles parish FTW.

Sent via dixie cup string phone...

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    i've had a 2008 General and was very quiet! More or less the same bow that you have and it shot very well.....The more you shoot "correctly" the better you will get! If you have form Questions or issue's give me a shout.

Young_Gun

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 7, 2010
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Go to public land not too far from br, scout the place out, then sit in my stand and hopefully shoot a deer or hog. I know is not as simple as just going out there and shooting an animal. I would like to tag along with someone that has more knowledge so I can gain essential experience

Top Bottom