2021 Fitness Goals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Is it terrible that I only want to gain back what COVID-19 took from me? I caught it in November, developed subsequent pneumonia, and wasn't cleared to start exercising again until the end of January, if I am feeling up to it. I guess I now know what a deconditioned individual feels like, from experience... :(

On a positive note, anyone else have any goals for 2021?

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    It's always good to hear about someone surviving the Chinese Virus with so many dying. Good luck to you. My own plan is to keep healthy and just keep living.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Glad you made it through the Rona, man!

Goal is to lose 18 lbs and really step my cardio game up.

Been doing an hour a day lately while listening to episodes of the Joe Rogan podcast (at 2x speed). Also have been riding the pelaton over lunch, which has been fun.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Glad you made it to the other side also.

I too want to gain back what I lost during the lockdown. I just started back to the gym and man my body has gone to ****. I gained back the weight I had lost and now when I do exercises I am finding that I lost a ton of strength as well.

I want to be able to run a 6 MPH pace for 30 minutes for my cardio goal and I want to get back to where I was in the strength department as well. I really want to lose about 50lbs before the end of the year but not sure if I will be able to make it but that is the goal. Been eating smarter and managing protions better. Also drinking a ton more water which is increasing my steps walked per day because I make sure to use the farthest bathroom from my home office which is about 120 steps round trip and man that water is making me **** like a racehorse. I swear I drink like 96oz a day and am pissing over 200oz a day....

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    The past couple years the physical life I've lived has started to take it's toll. Been trying to stretch often for a while and a couple months ago the woman finally talked me into trying yoga. And I'm ashamed to say I'm doing it almost every day now and it's working well. I don't go for the meditation part of it and I'm done in 25 minutes doing it at home....I just dive right into the meat and potato's of it. Kinda embarrassing but things hurt less and I sleep better now.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    If 2021 is like 2020, my goal is to do some exercise at some point this year... and hopefully get the vaccine so I can get back to really working out.

TheWhiteHorse

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2018
    lafayette
    Down 25 wanting to go down another 40. I am lifting heavy and walking a lot so the scale is not that accurate. I keep track with measurements also and have gained increases in many muscles while losing belly fat.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    The past couple years the physical life I've lived has started to take it's toll. Been trying to stretch often for a while and a couple months ago the woman finally talked me into trying yoga. And I'm ashamed to say I'm doing it almost every day now and it's working well. I don't go for the meditation part of it and I'm done in 25 minutes doing it at home....I just dive right into the meat and potato's of it. Kinda embarrassing but things hurt less and I sleep better now.

Me and a bud of mine were going to this neighborhood church 2x a week and doing yoga with the old gals (a few young ones too) and it felt weird at 1st until we realized the poses she was showing us she could made us tremble like scared puppies. Nothing but core strength and realizing we had very little underneath 6'2" 200lb 50 something frames. Covid killed the yoga classes and I've fallen back into sloth and the aggravating aches and pains that come with eating, sleeping, working, repeating -added about 10-12lbs of gut fat to the party. The meditation part is likely the most important exercise of all -allowing our only spiritual organ to get quiet and tune into God's plan for each of us. I've meditated a few times with a guide and literally felt the presence of my grandmother, a very spiritually fit woman that practically raised me. Anyone that scoffs at yoga, meditation or God is only drowning in their own arrogance. Your post inspired me, hopefully to make some changes and get my ass on the mat, again. Don't be embarrassed of taking the road less traveled brother. Godspeed.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I lost 40lb since Corona virus hit. Been working from home since last March. Normally I would go out to eat three meals day. Now that I am at home I am too lazy to fix food so I only eat once a day and it is usually grilled chicken.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yep. Injured my lower back and have been out of service for two months. Back up the mountain we go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I just thought about this thread. After the end of January, when I was initially cleared by my doctor to exercise, I developed other lingering symptoms of COVID including low blood pressure, low body temperature, and an elevated heart rate with a rested pulse over 100 BPM. The slightest of physical exertion would send my heart rate over 200 BPM so I was ordered to sit out for longer. It was theorized that COVID weakened my heart muscles, and I didn't get re-cleared for physical activity until May 10, 2021. Since then, it has been a slow rebuild process.

I also left that employer who ordered a sick employee to come into the office while awaiting the results of her COVID test last November. As a result, 90% of the office staff ended up out with COVID at approximately the same time. For the six months that I was sick, all I could think about was LEAVING as soon as I found another job and was feeling well enough to accept a new position. It was bad and I was considering tapping into my disability policy because I was worried that I was as good as I was going to get for a while. I don't wish this crap on ANYONE!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Good to hear you got a new job. Hopefully your recovery snowballs quickly into something good. This year I’m aiming for a 1400 pound 3 lift total. I’m assuming it will be something close to a 630 pound deadlift, 455 squat, 315 bench.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Good to hear you got a new job. Hopefully your recovery snowballs quickly into something good. This year I’m aiming for a 1400 pound 3 lift total. I’m assuming it will be something close to a 630 pound deadlift, 455 squat, 315 bench.
    I’ve been lifting weights since I was 12 years old and the longest break I ever recall taking is a six month period when I got out of the military. Those are some respectable numbers for sure but I think your selling yourself short. Looking at your bench and squat assuming you reach your goals I see no reason you couldn’t add a good 50lbs to that bench max and squeeze maybe another 25lb into the squat and deadlift. Good luck man, you know what to do.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I’ve been lifting weights since I was 12 years old and the longest break I ever recall taking is a six month period when I got out of the military. Those are some respectable numbers for sure but I think your selling yourself short. Looking at your bench and squat assuming you reach your goals I see no reason you couldn’t add a good 50lbs to that bench max and squeeze maybe another 25lb into the squat and deadlift. Good luck man, you know what to do.

You’re probably right, but I’m trying to cut weight while doing it, so it’s got me at a bit of a handicap. I’m eating in a deficit all the time. I’ll probably end up reassessing in three months and adjusting from there. For some reason I always gain slow as hell on bench. Everything else moves up good, but the bench is always slow.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom