** S O L D **

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    This rifle has two unique features not found on other FAL Rifles. The flash hider integrates an optional grenade launcher and optional barbed wire cutter not seen on other models, and has an "L" shaped release on the gas plug. The STG-58C also features a straight line butt stock rather than the classic "Humpback" version seen on the German and Belgian models. The STG-58 comes with a 18" barrel, short flash-hider,and light retractable bipod.

Is this an Enterprise Built STG, or a kit that someone built?

Just curious about the "WIRECUTTER" I have seen a few FALS and I just haven't seen or wasn't ever told about the wirecutter function. The "L" tab was original on all short gas plugs on ALL STG models, but the ones setup for the Grenade launcher had the Grenade Launcher Sights Gas Plug instead of the "L" tab plug.

Can you get some close up pics and show this wirecutter function, I am very interested in that.
    THANKS!!

This is a beautiful rifle and Mr.Birdsong is one of the best of the best when it comes to the T-Coatings, black or OD. I think that is the only two colors he will do.

KT

Last edited:

UNIQDEFTECH

Camp Slayer,Iraq
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    Kandahar ,Afghanistan
    Bird has expanded into the desert colors as well...The wirecutter flash suppressor is longer with slots that the barb-wire fits into and then you shoot it from what I understand...that is an option to consider,however this offer doesn't come with the wirecutter flash suppressor.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Matching numbers? Does any numbers match on this rifle? IE: Barrel, Bolt, Bolt carrier, lower receiver? I know the upper will not match as this is expected, but what about the rest of the numbers?
    Many THANKS!!
    KT

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Wheeler, there is no required selector be installed. You can have any avaliable selector. You can switch any of my present rifles into the full auto position. Due to the receiver internals they will NOT auto fire. And on one of mine the full auto is setup as a second safety. Second safety meaning it has a safety in either of the two positions and only ONE fire position. 922R has no provision for the "SELECTOR".....BUT remember this.....the rifle damn well better NOT have multiple fires around a BATF agent!And multiple means MORE THAN ONE!

glls1.jpg

Now some people opt to install a Pistol Grip that does NOT have the scalloped grip which enables the selector from passing the semi auto position and there is also a selector that has a cam spot that hits the pin to the top left which also stops the selector at the semi auto position.
    Now KALIFORNIA and a few New England states and some counties in Maryland have some different laws and they vary from 5 round FIXED mags to no Flash Hiders/ Muzzle Breaks and no colapsible stocks.

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    UNIQ, you never said if this is a matching numbers rifle? Does any numbers match on this rifle? IE: Barrel, Bolt, Bolt carrier, lower receiver? I know the upper will not match as this is expected, but what about the rest of the numbers?
    Many THANKS!!
    KT

PM me if ya are not sure where the numbers are located.

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    "If I am not mistaken...this "type" of rifle was used in the movie"HEAT"1995 w/Al Pacino,Val Kilmer,Robtert De Niro....movies are movies..."

The rifle used by Al Pacino in "HEAT" is a FN FNC not a FAL. FNC is similiar but is chambered 5.56, uses AR mags, and has right side charging handle.

Maybe there is a FAL elsewhere in the movie but I don't remember it.

-James.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom