Class III Dealers in Lafayette or BR Areas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm taking the SBR plunge and I might need a Class III dealer to take receipt of my AR. I'd rather give my money to someone on the site than going to Belsco. I'm willing to drive an hour to meet, let me know.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Gumbo,
    You are buying a "pre-made" SBR? if its from an out of state individual/dealer, you will need a transfer dealer. Most people "make" their own SBR's to get around the extra transfer fees and time associated with them.

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    The AR series of firearms are some of the easiest to paper as a SBR. Find the gun you want- it will be available as a Title 1 gun and submit the paperwork yourself. Doesn't save you much time or money but it sure cuts out the middleman. By all means, use any SOT holder you want to handle the transfer of MGs and Suppressors ( I can even recommend a few ) but in this particular case, best bet is to file the paperwork yourself.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    customgunworks.gif

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I think the issue is the sbr he wants is ready to ship and start the transfer. If he builds it he will have to wait for the lower and upper since there is a long back order for those parts.

There are many benefits to buying a ready made sbr. not the least of which is he won't have to engrave his name into it.

djl7780

Glock Connoisseur
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Prairieville
    Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    Good guy to deal with. If you go with someone in BR, good luck. I hope you have a better experience then I did..

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Dale Landry

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    Good guy to deal with. If you go with someone in BR, good luck. I hope you have a better experience then I did..

Dale has completed 3 transfers for me so far, and he is currently doing 2 more for me right now.

He is very easy to deal with.

JR1572

S

Spankydxm

Custom Guns does not handle Class 3 transfers. I personally went there and they all didnt have a clue of what to do even though they do have a class 3 license. Or maybe they just didnt want to deal with a silencer transfer. Either which they told me goto Belsco but I hear Belsco takes their time and you will need to be on their ass to push things along.

Personally I am going with Landry308 for my transfer . I have most of the forms that I need to get completed. If I can quit buying other things then I can get it done.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Thanks for the good words.

Just got in the SBR AMD-65. Nice, real nice. Will get a pic of it on the board possibly tonight. Toys, got to love the toys.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-202-7843

Dale has completed 3 transfers for me so far, and he is currently doing 2 more for me right now.

He is very easy to deal with.

JR1572

Traz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Lafayette
    I have used Custom Gun Works. To date I they have processed 22 federal tax stamps for me from 12 ga. side by side sbr's to .408 edm windrunner (cheytac) suppressor (which is in the store at this time). They have really gotten this process down over the last few months. I have purchased about 10 silencers/suppressors (gemtech/AAC/Fisher) for 5.56, 9mm, .22lr pistols, Ruger 10/22 Integrated barrel, 7.62 (.308). I understand they have plans to expand this business going forward. I understand that they will have there own engraving machine within 2 weeks that will be able to do a lot of extras, should be cool.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Not sure if he ever got the license in, I know he applied but was waiting on paperwork but Mike Moore with www.tacdrivers.com was looking at adding ClassIII to his current FFL License last time I spoke with him about 2 months ago he is in Arnaudville, LA

roboniko

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    We ARE a class III dealer. Perhaps you should get your facts straight. We always have been since we opened.

Top Bottom