WTS Smith & Wesson 1911PD Gunsite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I REALLY do not want to do this, but unforeseen finances have me backed into a corner....

NEED TO SELL ASAP!!!

Smith & Wesson 1911PD Gunsite model with Scandium frame. Has had about 600 rounds fired without failure. I changed the trigger to a Caspian Trik Trigger because S&W puts a SLOPPY trigger on these from the factory. It is dead to nuts out to 35 yards (may be accurate out beyond that, but I only practice within 35 yards with a defensive pistol). I have the box, manual, 2 factory S&W mags, Wilson Combat mag, Chip McCormick mag. I also have a RH Don Hume leather IWB holster, Safariland dual mag pouch (black basketweave). I will also include 100 rounds of .45 ammo.

This has to be the best production 1911 that I've ever owned and I would NEVER to consider to sell it because it is reliable and my daily carry pistol.

MSRP on these is $1232, sell for $1200 and will include everything above. Please NO LOWBALL OFFERS. Willing to ship if you pay for it and your dealer accepts packages from an individual. Prefer FTF due to the ammo.

FTF near NOLA. I work in Metairie and live in LaPlace.

Email glockthirtysix@hotmail.com or PM me here.

Thanks!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is it Goverment length(5") or Commander length(4.25")?

Either way, very nice pistol. I was in the market for one last month, until I picked up my latest Springfield 1911.

glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    Thanks jmknox for making the pic visible....

Sorry about that, It's a Commander length (4.25") with GI length guide rod also it has a gold bead front sight. Here's spec's from S&W:

True Commander Configuration - Accepts After-Market Commander Accessory Parts
    Exceptionally Strong Scandium Alloy Frame With The Weight Of Aluminum - 28.0 oz.
    Packaged with Two 8-Round Magazines
    Low Profile, Non-Reflective Black Matte Finish For Excellent Concealed Carry
    External Extractor for Extremely High Auto Loading Reliability
    Novak® Low Mount Carry Sight
    John Moses Browning began his gunsmithing career in Ogden, Utah over 125 years ago. With more than 100 handgun and rifle patents, he is considered the father of the 1911. The Model 1911 has evolved since those early days. At Smith & Wesson, we have made an enormous commitment to this special pistol and have grown our family of SW1911s to include the widest variety of materials, finishes and unique features. Our commitment to pistols and the SW1911 has never been greater. Whether you want Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel or Lightweight Scandium Alloy construction, you are sure to find the highest quality 1911s made. Through Smith & Wesson, John Browning's timeless design has reached a level of quality and performance never before thought possible. For the finest selection of SW1911 pistols...turn to Smith & Wesson.

Last edited:

glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I am also adding 2 more Colt magazines. So thats a total of 6 mags, holster, dual mag pouch, box & manual et al.

NEED TO SELL ASAP.

glockthirtysix@hotmail.com

I just want to add that I do NOT want to sell this pistol. If it was up to me, I would have it for the rest of my life and I would bet my life on this pistol, and since it is my daily carry, I DO bet my life on it.

Last edited:

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    That is a fine pistol! By the way, not trying to be a smartass... I just checked the retail at S&W on this piece of art-- $1367 (without all the extras included with yours).

glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    Thanks mprice... I paid $1300 for it new and the msrp I listed in
    the original post was what I found on the net. Regardless of msrp
    the price I have it for is a steal with everything I am including.
    Plus, with the price of ammo being what it is, I am crazy to include
    100 rounds.

No one will regret buying it and I already regret trying to sell it...

glockthirtysix

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I will also entertain trades plus cash for any of the following:

Glock 23 plus cash
    Glock 36 plus cash
    Sig P228 plus cash
    Sig P220 plus cash

or ????

I am just trying to accommodate everyone. Sale is preferred, but trades plus cash will be considered. Pistol plus holster preferred.

glockthirtysix@hotmail.com

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom