.22 ammo at Gonzales gun show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    If anyone is in dire need of 22 ammo there's a booth at the Gonzales gun show that has the Aquila brand 22 long rifle in hollow point and solid point for $59.95 For 500 rounds.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Some of those dealers are smokin' something for the prices they are asking. Two dealers were asking $25 per 50 round box of .17 HMR. I was just in Cabela's and it's $11.99. I looked at a Henry .22 lever action for $269 and they were $319 to $329 for the exact model at the show.

I'm grabbing some lunch at Bass Pro after picking up a box of Federal Auto Match 325 rounds for $21.99 including tax. They have a good supply of it.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Some of those dealers are smokin' something for the prices they are asking. Two dealers were asking $25 per 50 round box of .17 HMR. I was just in Cabela's and it's $11.99. I looked at a Henry .22 lever action for $269 and they were $319 to $329 for the exact model at the show.

I'm grabbing some lunch at Bass Pro after picking up a box of Federal Auto Match 325 rounds for $21.99 including tax. They have a good supply of it.

Its people who are buying it at those prices that are nuts.

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I had a customer tell me Bass Pro was out, but who knows, they have a tendency to find ammo throughout the day.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    When I was at Bass Pro they had some already tied in a plastic bag behind the counter. It's a one box limit per person per day. I saw at least 25 boxes already wrapped and at least another 12 locked in the cabinet under the guns.

I just went to Cabelas website and the only .22 ammo they have listed is 100 rounds of CCI Maxi-Mag for $8.99. I've checked them on occasion and have not seen any LR on their site since Christmas.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    When I was at Bass Pro they had some already tied in a plastic bag behind the counter. It's a one box limit per person per day. I saw at least 25 boxes already wrapped and at least another 12 locked in the cabinet under the guns.

I just went to Cabelas website and the only .22 ammo they have listed is 100 rounds of CCI Maxi-Mag for $8.99. I've checked them on occasion and have not seen any LR on their site since Christmas.

You're doing it wrong. Make sure you already have an account with cabelas, and sign up to get the email alerts from slickguns.com. If you get an email from slickguns for some of the bulkpack .22lr ammo (375 round Mini-Mags, 1000 rounds M22, 2100 rounds of Fed value pack, etc) you gotta be pretty quick, and you can get straight to cabelas website from the email alert and add one to your cart and have it shipped free to the store. You are in P'ville, so just swing by and pick it up once you get a phone call that its in.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    You're doing it wrong. Make sure you already have an account with cabelas, and sign up to get the email alerts from slickguns.com. If you get an email from slickguns for some of the bulkpack .22lr ammo (375 round Mini-Mags, 1000 rounds M22, 2100 rounds of Fed value pack, etc) you gotta be pretty quick, and you can get straight to cabelas website from the email alert and add one to your cart and have it shipped free to the store. You are in P'ville, so just swing by and pick it up once you get a phone call that its in.

Exactly the way to do it

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Is it just me or are gun shows in general just kind of disappointing now? There are rarely any good deals to be had, a lot of questionable stuff is for sale like expired sutures and chest tubes for trauma kits and a lot of the selection to be had is just kind of sad.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Haven't gotten anything out of gunshows for a while now..I would only go there to get my hands on stuff I'm interested in buying when comparing weapons for fit, finish, etc. You do NOT get a good deal at gun shows any more..maybe 20 years ago but not these days.

swampjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Cut Off, LA
    A few months ago I bought a 555 value pack of Federal .22 hollow points at Academy for around 23.00 Month before last at the Gonzales show some douche nozzle was trying to sell the exact thing for $150.00 Unbelievable ! You can find good deals at Academy but you have to be there when they open at 8:00 am It's either hit or miss because you never know what they have. But I find the prices to be reasonable.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    A few months ago I bought a 555 value pack of Federal .22 hollow points at Academy for around 23.00 Month before last at the Gonzales show some douche nozzle was trying to sell the exact thing for $150.00 Unbelievable ! You can find good deals at Academy but you have to be there when they open at 8:00 am It's either hit or miss because you never know what they have. But I find the prices to be reasonable.

I certainly hope he didn't get 150 bucks for the box! I don't mind paying a couple bucks extra as a convenience fee for the time being, but that's insane.

That being said if someone offered me that for the two 225 packs of Remington I just bought I'd totally take it.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    My thoughts exactly. The days of getting deals at a gun show are long gone. One vendor had a table full of used handguns and they all looked like he just dumps them in a rubbetmaid tote for transport. All beat up but high prices still.

Thanks for the Cabelas tip.

swampjockey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Cut Off, LA
    I'm happy to say by the time we left the gun show a few hours later, the $150.00 boxes were still there. You can usually tell which vendor has the reasonable prices because they sell out rather quickly.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I'm happy to say by the time we left the gun show a few hours later, the $150.00 boxes were still there. You can usually tell which vendor has the reasonable prices because they sell out rather quickly.

Yeah. Seriously though, if you want deals at gun shows or any kind of trade show the only thing to do is buy a table so you can get in when the dealers are setting up. I did camera shows for years and that's when the real business is all done.

Top Bottom