.22 LR Compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snuffman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    Central, LA
    Took my wife shooting and she fell in love with it. Now I am looking for a decent compact or micro .22 lr pistol for her to shoot at the range. Any suggestions?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Of all the afore mentioned, I think the Walther P22 is the only one that will come close to being a micro. Also a very sweet shooter. My wife and daughter both like shooting those and the PPK/s 22. Other viable options might include a little Taurus PT with the tip up barrel, which is a Beretta clone but has a pretty stout double action trigger, or even one of the elcheapo offerings from Jennings, Phoenix, Jimanez, etc.

The Taurus TX is extremely lightweight but closer to a full size pistol, the Ruger SR is a little smaller but robust and heavy. The Ruger LCP2, however, is another sweet shooting little pocket gun.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Of all the afore mentioned, I think the Walther P22 is the only one that will come close to being a micro. Also a very sweet shooter. My wife and daughter both like shooting those and the PPK/s 22. Other viable options might include a little Taurus PT with the tip up barrel, which is a Beretta clone but has a pretty stout double action trigger, or even one of the elcheapo offerings from Jennings, Phoenix, Jimanez, etc.

The Taurus TX is extremely lightweight but closer to a full size pistol, the Ruger SR is a little smaller but robust and heavy. The Ruger LCP2, however, is another sweet shooting little pocket gun.
    All in all, the Walther P22 gets my vote for the best all round small pistol. But I might be a little biased…

Attachments

• BBB09EE8-2989-4F6E-9E56-2BA360A4086B.png
      BBB09EE8-2989-4F6E-9E56-2BA360A4086B.png
      4.5 MB · Views: 79

Chasu

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Berwick, LA
    Honestly, I don't think any of those mentioned are "micro", although, they are compact. Micro would be the Taurus PT22 or the Beretta 21A Bobcat.

Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I have a Ruger SR and it is a solid all around package with the benefit of SA/DA. For micro, over the years I’ve had a few Beretta 21A’s in .22 with the tip up barrel. Fun to shoot and very nice to slip in a pocket, but to be honest, not that accurate, although enough where it would count.

Cajun2wheels

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I have a true micro 22.American Arms 22 mag that I carry around in a pocket holster when I'm messing around outside my house doing yard work.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Another vote for the Taurus TX22. That's one of the best plinkers on the market, and that's before you find out it only costs 250 bucks.

Limited reports on the Sig P322, but the only person I know who has one (@sportsbud) says it's an unreliable piece of crap.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Another vote for the Taurus TX22. That's one of the best plinkers on the market, and that's before you find out it only costs 250 bucks.

Limited reports on the Sig P322, but the only person I know who has one (@sportsbud) says it's an unreliable piece of crap.
    I had a mosquito years ago that I wouldn’t keep as a tackle box gun. Sorry to know Sig is still struggling with the .22’s. I wonder if they contracted the 322 out too.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The P322 not only feels bad in the hands (Think P365 which in a pocket pistol is great but full size? Really) but extremely ammo picky and had a good bit more felt recoil than a TX22.... The trigger for being a SAO hammer was horrible and I do not like how they did the safetys on the bolt... It is a design that seems more inclined to fail... The P17 is the simplest of the bunch just sucks as a training aid while the TX22 is a great trainer... I really hate the company but love the gun.. Sig really dropped the ball on the P322 I can not recommend it to anyone...

Top Bottom