22 LR supply

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouRat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Luling
    Thank Wally World management for dat:}

i7odml2xwy6sx6jxoi4.jpg

It's not hoarders. It's entrepreneurs. As long as you can resell it on gun broker and other auction sites for 3 times what you paid for it. It's going to fly off the shelves. There is racket going on at my local Walmart. An employee calls his family and friends and let's them know how many cases come in and they are buying it as soon as it hits the shelves. There is a 3 box minimum so he tells them exactly how many people he needs to show up.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    WORD!

Here is the problem as I see it.
    Two months ago my local Wally World finally started getting a decent supply back into stock. Three box max. purchase. I was able to buy three boxes on Wednesdays when they stocked the shelves. But last week the shelves went bare again. The clerk told me another employee was calling people (Friends and Family) when the truck came in and they were buying it as soon as it hit the shelves.

16g1n6gz16grur7aiju.jpg

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Here is the problem as I see it. As long as people are willing to pay a premium on Gun Broker and other auction sites. People are going to keep buying it up and selling it at higher prices. Basic Economics. Supply and Demand.

Two months ago my local Wally World finally started getting a decent supply back into stock. Three box max. purchase. I was able to buy three boxes on Wednesdays when they stocked the shelves. But last week the shelves went bare again. The clerk told me another employee was calling people (Friends and Family) when the truck came in and they were buying it as soon as it hit the shelves.

I was told the same thing at the Prairieville Wal-Mart.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    It's not hoarders. It's entrepreneurs. As long as you can resell it on gun broker and other auction sites for 3 times what you paid for it. It's going to fly off the shelves. There is racket going on at my local Walmart. An employee calls his family and friends and let's them know how many cases come in and they are buying it as soon as it hits the shelves. There is a 3 box minimum so he tells them exactly how many people he needs to show up.

I'd say scalpers more accurately describes them.

I have had a large stash of 22 for a couple of years. I've started rationing it out so that I don't run below par level. Never thought I'd be shooting 22 in centerfire quantities...

When 22 drops back down I'm ready to double my stash to 20k or more.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If any of you get the NRA Rifleman mag there is a good write up on Why we've had an ammo shortage---hits it on the head

cliffs notes?!!!

There is a story on this in the NRA American Rifleman latest issue. There are more rimfire options these days also with a diverse selection from CB to magnums. Production lines I assume make quantities of one type for X-number of rounds and then set-up on a different variety. Manufacturers are slow to expand permanent production when the market is in perhaps a consumption bubble. Even if a line is making only .22LR, look at the varieties of that round that are offered, 60gr SSS to 29 gr hypervelocity from low-end blasting to match grade.
    I think there will be a shift in cost to the consumer because the price willing to be paid is proving out a new pricing structure and manufacturers could just manipulate supply to cause price increases.

Here's the link to the article, guys.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/why-weve-had-ammunition-shortage

sawman

Coyote Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Kinder
    I feel this comment about the article makes one think....." Russ December 22, 2013 04:44:53 am This is directed at you Mr.Frank Miniter.That article was a pretty lame excuse for investigative reporting . You need to try again . I understand and agree that there is a higher demand for ammo , but if your sources were telling the truth then my local stores would be receiving as much ammo as they did in the past . Everyone I've asked has said the same thing 'we aren't getting any and when we do it's only a couple of boxes' So get back out there and get us the real answers - we deserve to know ."

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I feel this comment about the article makes one think....." Russ December 22, 2013 04:44:53 am This is directed at you Mr.Frank Miniter.That article was a pretty lame excuse for investigative reporting . You need to try again . I understand and agree that there is a higher demand for ammo , but if your sources were telling the truth then my local stores would be receiving as much ammo as they did in the past . Everyone I've asked has said the same thing 'we aren't getting any and when we do it's only a couple of boxes' So get back out there and get us the real answers - we deserve to know ."

+1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom