For those 1911 fans that is short on cash!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I haven't looked at the taurus, but I agree w/ topgunz... that Springfield GI looks like a badass for about the same price... I might have to take a look into this taurus though.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    for the price taurus makes a really nice 1911. Lots of options you'd have to pay for that come standard on the taurus. They're hard to get though, really hard to get.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm a bad american, I've only shot a 1911 once and dont own any. Problem is they arent authorized to carry unless your on swat, those guys can carry whatever.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Hey LSP,

Those SA GI or Mil Specs are pretty good (basic) 1911's to build on, and are priced right. I just picked one up to build a Ball gun on.

Just my $.02

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Your agency only; our guys are issued G-35s, and I believe BRPD uses Glocks as well.

Bobby told me that most of the EBR SWAT guys opted for 9mm Glocks... go figure.

I believe most of them have opted for glocks for duty, us in patrol can finally carry them as well. Problem is patrol and other areas are restricted in what we can and cannot carry,even off duty, swat is not.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Just took a look at them, after you brought them to my attention. They look like a really nice gun for the money. I'll have to take a look at them. Maybe a possible Christmas present.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I had a Kimber years ago I regret selling. I got one of the SA GI1911's to try to fill the void left but it just didn't fit the bill. I looked at one of the PT1911's the other day and it had many features the SA didn't. Once I picked it up I was turned off by how light it was. Almost like the first run of S&W 1911's with all the plastic MIM parts. I've got my heart set on a Kimber Warrior right now unless I can find another Series I gun fairly cheap.

HybridMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I have a Springfield Armory 1911 that I never shoot. It's less than a year old, about 500 rounds through it, no marks or scratches. I'll sell it for $500. Email me if interested, hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com Pics of the actual gun...

guns.jpg

kellie1911.jpg

-Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gautreaux
    Top Bottom