Where\how do you store your stamp papers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah since I have four stamps, four state registrations, and two forms to travel interstate with the weapons, it all gets very confusing. I tried keeping individual copies with each weapon but once I ended up out driving around with my sbr and silencer with no paperwork at all because I left the rifle bag at home. Not good.

Now I have an envelope that has copies of all paperwork for every weapon in my truck, each gun case, and of course uploaded to my gmail account for long term archival. Hmmm.... I just got the idea of storing a copy on my iPhone. In theory I could email it and print to any skeptical agency.

I laminated a copy of my first one in an effort to look all professional but it's more trouble than it's worth. The hard laminate is a pain in the ass to carry around.

Last edited:

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I've got my originals in the safe at home. Copies of the approved Federal forms as well as the state firearm registrations are folded up in an envelope for each shooting bag, vehicle etc. That way when I move, my paperwork is with me.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why do you guys keep the State forms too?

I figure I may be on the side of the road one day trying to convince a country cop that I'm not a hitman/terrorist. The more paperwork I have that looks legit the better chance I have of getting out of there quickly.

Plus it's only one more piece of paper. Why not throw it in?

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I have my uploaded to my google docs private folder, a copy on my iphone, 1/4 page laminated copies in my range bags, and a copy in my car. Original is going in the safety deposit box.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    All of my originals are in the safe. I have copies of all forms in each vehicle. Usually, my NFA items are transported in the same vehicle all the time, but just in case, they are in both cars.

JR1572

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom